This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

monitor blacks out for 2 seconds

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. monitor blacks out for 2 seconds

User Info: bidoof01

bidoof01
4 years ago#1
Only when I'm gaming , it proceeds to say my driver is not working and my screens come back on and my game works again. Could it be the driver or is my GPU dying? I have updated drivers. MSI gtx 580.
Yes

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
4 years ago#2
Probably the driver, I had similar issues with the latest drivers and my 560 ti. Went back to 314.22 and everything has been working fine.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

User Info: Cheech001

Cheech001
4 years ago#3
Also running 314.22 seems to be the last really stable driver for a lot of people.

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
4 years ago#4
I had that problem when I first started using my 460 a couple of years ago. The screen would go black and a couple of seconds later I'd get a recovery message. It didn't only happen during gaming, though. It was also happening during web browsing. The fix was to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

Top left orange Firefox tab > Options > Advanced > Uncheck 'Use hardware acceleration when available'.

Worth a go, anyway.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 years ago#5
Cheech001 posted...
Also running 314.22 seems to be the last really stable driver for a lot of people.

Yeah, it's a shame Nvidia seems to be dragging their feet releasing a new stable driver, I'm amazed the last two releases made it out the door given how many people seem to have problems with them.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: bidoof01

bidoof01
4 years ago#6
I seem to have fixed the problem by using dvi instead of hdmi.
Yes
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. monitor blacks out for 2 seconds

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived