This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have a GTX260, time for upgrade? (Other questions inside)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have a GTX260, time for upgrade? (Other questions inside)

User Info: SiR_FoX

SiR_FoX
4 years ago#1
Suggestions? Ideas? I built my PC in 09, it's an i7 920. 1 TB 7200 HDD. EVGA X58 MOBO. 6GB 1600 DDR3. I was thinking with some of the money from my next paycheck I'll get a headset (can you guys recommend one?), mechanical keyboard, new cooling (all my fans are failing for some reason), and a new GPU. Can anybody give me some suggestions for any of these things?
"A cornered Fox is more dangerous than a Jackal" - Grey Fox

User Info: YoungAdultLink

YoungAdultLink
4 years ago#2
Instead of a headset, I'd recommend a separate set of headphones and a mic. You'll get better quality sound on both sides. Samson sells a bundle of one of their desk mics and the Sr850 headphones for $100. Can find them on ebay or amazon for that, usually.

For a graphics card, I'd suggest the 760 at about $250.
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya

User Info: I_Am_On_Fire

I_Am_On_Fire
4 years ago#3
I'd go for a 7950 over a 760. They can be had amazingly cheaply these days.
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
4 years ago#4
GPU: HD7950/7970, GTX 760
Mechanical Keyboard: Corsair K79/95, Ducky Shine III
Cooling: A full set of Noctua fans.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W

SiR_FoX
4 years ago#5
Hmmm, I currently have some monitors KRK Rokit 5s for music listening/editing/creation. I enjoy gaming with them, so would it be better to just get a microphone and keep the speakers? Or is that frustrating for the players on the other side? Thanks for the other suggestions.

SiR_FoX
4 years ago#6
Sorry for double post, but is there somewhere I can get a whole set of Noctua fans or do I have to buy one by one? My chipset fan burned out, and I hear you can't find one that fits, that you need to attach it with tape/ties.

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
4 years ago#7
SiR_FoX posted...
Hmmm, I currently have some monitors KRK Rokit 5s for music listening/editing/creation. I enjoy gaming with them, so would it be better to just get a microphone and keep the speakers? Or is that frustrating for the players on the other side? Thanks for the other suggestions.

Nice! I have those exact same speakers. They work well enough for me tbh so I say just get a separate mic.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have a GTX260, time for upgrade? (Other questions inside)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived