This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone please help me set up FTP

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can someone please help me set up FTP

User Info: jakeDiLLa

jakeDiLLa
3 years ago#1
I've tried guides for Windows 7 but they all seem more complicated then it should be and some of the steps I can't do because IIS manager (which I really hate) is not the same as in the guide. I have 6.1 on all my computers and don't care to update to whatever version to do one simple thing.

ALL I WANT TO DO. Is transfer a bunch of files from one PC to another. Simple right? Should be... then why does it seem so difficult.

I used to ftp between my PC and Xbox 1 all the time without issue. Sorry but I don't know enough about networking to get this figured out on my own so hopefully someone with know-how is kind enough to tell me what I'm missing. I have enabled FTP services on both PC's. I use FlashFXP (not Filezilla) but it's probably more or less the same so the settings should match up. I am just directly connecting the PC's between ethernet ports and the adapters are set up for DHCP. I tried Static IP on both to no avail. Maybe I had the wrong gateway... I tried a different subnet as well..

Sorry for the wall of text. Help would be greatly appreciated.
i5 3570k / Gigabyte 7970 WF3 3GB / 8GB DDR3 / 120GB SSD

User Info: jakeDiLLa

jakeDiLLa
3 years ago#2
Pretty please
i5 3570k / Gigabyte 7970 WF3 3GB / 8GB DDR3 / 120GB SSD
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can someone please help me set up FTP

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived