This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worms World Party help...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Worms World Party help...

User Info: Gabriel_Deroche

Gabriel_Deroche
4 years ago#1
I have recently rediscovered my passion for Worms games, but I can't seem to be able to run WWP on my Win 7 pc.

I know there is a compatibility fix on the website, but if I got it right, that's only a color glitch fix. My game doesn't even start when I click on "play!", nothing happens at all. Team17 forum is down, so I can't ask there.

Also, I should add that in the installation folder there is no "WWP.exe".
Yes, the game is really old, but it is legally bought, on a disc, so I don't see why there should be this kind of issues...
Core i5-3570K @4.2GHz|Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 MHz|Crucial M4 128GB SSD|Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB|Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD|Corsair 500R Black ATX |Antec HCG 620W Pro

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 years ago#2
Gabriel_Deroche posted...
I have recently rediscovered my passion for Worms games, but I can't seem to be able to run WWP on my Win 7 pc.

I know there is a compatibility fix on the website, but if I got it right, that's only a color glitch fix. My game doesn't even start when I click on "play!", nothing happens at all. Team17 forum is down, so I can't ask there.

Also, I should add that in the installation folder there is no "WWP.exe".
Yes, the game is really old, but it is legally bought, on a disc, so I don't see why there should be this kind of issues...

The legality of a game has nothing to do with how it handles changes in the structure/DLLs etc. of newer operating systems. Usually, most games 1999+ work just fine (unless they use a 16 bit installer, then you're SOL on a 64-bit version of Windows), Try running the game in 98/XP compatibility mode, as administrator etc.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

Gabriel_Deroche
4 years ago#3
I know that. I'm just a bit suprised that it's completely missing the .exe file. That's something you usually see when using pirated copies of a game... In fact, with no WWP.exe, I can't even run the game in compatibility mode...
Core i5-3570K @4.2GHz|Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 MHz|Crucial M4 128GB SSD|Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB|Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD|Corsair 500R Black ATX |Antec HCG 620W Pro

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 years ago#4
Gabriel_Deroche posted...
I know that. I'm just a bit suprised that it's completely missing the .exe file. That's something you usually see when using pirated copies of a game... In fact, with no WWP.exe, I can't even run the game in compatibility mode...

Where did you buy this disc copy? It's entirely possible that you were sold a pirated/modified copy made to look like a genuine disc. If there are no EXEs anywhere in the install folder it's probably not a legitimate copy.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

Gabriel_Deroche
4 years ago#5
I bought it a very long time ago. Probably in one of those supermarkets' "chests of discounts", where they throw everything at like 5 dollars.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Worms World Party help...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived