The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Speaking of programming languages, how many do you know?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Speaking of programming languages, how many do you know?

User Info: New Link

New Link
3 years ago#61
Orestes417 posted...
On an unrelated note, I like the Go version.

Yeah GO is a nice "pretty" C-based language. I picked up Ruby2 recently which has been a real pleasure to work with. It's quite similar to Python in a lot of ways, but handles sub-processes a lot better and has arrays on steroids lol.
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#62
Pretty much anything Rob Pike touches is awesome.
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
3 years ago#63
I taught myself BASIC/QBASIC starting in elementary school. In high school I decided to take a course on C++ but by the end of the first year of it I was sort of losing my interest in programming so I only ever really learned the 1 language.

I also wrote all my HTML by hand back when I maintained a couple websites but, yeah, not a language.
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D

User Info: TheWayOfTheGun

TheWayOfTheGun
3 years ago#64
C/C++
C#
VB
JavaScript

I know Java is huge but once I learned C# there was no reason to downgrade to Java. C# is basically what Java should have been by now. Microsoft really did a great job with it.

I really only use C# these days along with everything else a web dev needs:

HTML
SASS/CSS
JavaScript
C#
LINQ/SQL

User Info: jamieyello

jamieyello
3 years ago#65
Basic. Petit computer all the way!

User Info: CoolFangs

CoolFangs
3 years ago#66
Visual Basic is all I know now, however I am learning C++ sometime this year.
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Borderlands 2, Half-Life 1
3DS FC: 0989-2237-3314

Orestes417
3 years ago#67
I now find myself debating whether vi counts as a programming language in it's own right and honestly I'm inclined to to say it is. Granted it can't compete with the OS called emacs, but seriously check this **** out http://linuxforcynics.com/programming/fizz-buzz-in-vim

User Info: ElementalWind

ElementalWind
3 years ago#68
Now that we're past the HTML silliness, should we consider LaTeX (or just TeX) a programming language?

I work at the Human Resources department, and have NO professional reason to know a programming language.
This attitude is why hiring in this field is so screwy ¬_¬
"debates are contests of rhetoric, not argumentative rigor." -DragooneerZero

User Info: New Link

New Link
3 years ago#69
Orestes417 posted...
I now find myself debating whether vi counts as a programming language in it's own right and honestly I'm inclined to to say it is. Granted it can't compete with the OS called emacs, but seriously check this **** out http://linuxforcynics.com/programming/fizz-buzz-in-vim

haha no vim doesn't count :P (but it sure as heck is useful!) I don't know how I ever used anything but it... i'll call them the dark days.
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!

Orestes417
3 years ago#70
I'm partial to sam and acme too, but using them on their non-native platform is surreal.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Speaking of programming languages, how many do you know?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived