This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Post your 3DMark Fire Strike score (GTX 700 owners see how your cards do!)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Post your 3DMark Fire Strike score (GTX 700 owners see how your cards do!)

User Info: Thescyy

Thescyy
3 years ago#71
gastaman posted...
I wish I could OC my cards more. Unfortunately, **** just gets too hot past 900MHz core.

Edit: Which is why I only run 900 MHz core for benchmarks. Normally, I only run with an 832 MHz factory OC.

Yeah, that would be one of the biggest issues I would think. I would honestly sell em while I could still get a halfway decent price and get a 780. You can know you will have the best mainstream nvidia card for at least 6 months and sli down the road will give you much better performance with far less heat issues. Then again I just like having the latest and greatest.
| i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 1600mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | SeaSonic M12II 850 | Fractal design R4 |

User Info: gastaman

gastaman
3 years ago#72
Thescyy posted...
gastaman posted...
I wish I could OC my cards more. Unfortunately, **** just gets too hot past 900MHz core.

Edit: Which is why I only run 900 MHz core for benchmarks. Normally, I only run with an 832 MHz factory OC.

Yeah, that would be one of the biggest issues I would think. I would honestly sell em while I could still get a halfway decent price and get a 780. You can know you will have the best mainstream nvidia card for at least 6 months and sli down the road will give you much better performance with far less heat issues. Then again I just like having the latest and greatest.

I'm good. I still get great performance. Besides, my 3 580s still perform better than a 780, I believe. Waiting for a single card that beats my current setup, then probably upgrade CPU/Mobo/GPUx3 (edit: or maybe x4, who knows. I was actually contemplating 2 7990s for a minute, but I don't want to give up 3D Vision).
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 years ago#73
Me thinks you should put those 580's under water gasta.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W

gastaman
3 years ago#74
Snuckie7 posted...
Me thinks you should put those 580's under water gasta.

I would and have thought about it, but blocks for these cards are rare and a bit more expensive.
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi

User Info: Panzer_Squid

Panzer_Squid
3 years ago#75
gastaman posted...
Thescyy posted...
gastaman posted...

I'm good. I still get great performance. Besides, my 3 580s still perform better than a 780, I believe. Waiting for a single card that beats my current setup, then probably upgrade CPU/Mobo/GPUx3 (edit: or maybe x4, who knows. I was actually contemplating 2 7990s for a minute, but I don't want to give up 3D Vision).

Overclocked Titan?
The Panzer Squid is the ultimate hunter, blending into any environment until it has the opportunity to shove a rocket up urbum

gastaman
3 years ago#76
Panzer_Squid posted...
gastaman posted...
Thescyy posted...
gastaman posted...

Overclocked Titan?

I guess it would depend on the OC... possibly, not sure.

User Info: Pal 080

Pal 080
3 years ago#77
uhhh I don't even know what to DL there are like 15 links on that 3D mark page...

I just googled for it and am DL'ing now I'll post my score...
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"

gastaman
3 years ago#78
Pal 080 posted...
uhhh I don't even know what to DL there are like 15 links on that 3D mark page...

I just googled for it and am DL'ing now I'll post my score...

You could have just downloaded it through Steam.
(message deleted)

User Info: Pal 080

Pal 080
3 years ago#80
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/1125781

womp womp
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Post your 3DMark Fire Strike score (GTX 700 owners see how your cards do!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived