This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I finished Alan Wake / American Nightmare. Good similar games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So I finished Alan Wake / American Nightmare. Good similar games?

User Info: Hunter_mk

Hunter_mk
3 years ago#11
the closest one to me probably Max Payne 3, it has a similar narrative, character talking all time time about his life
RIP Xbox One 2013-2013

User Info: NotQuiteAFreak

NotQuiteAFreak
3 years ago#12
As I am currently playing Alan Wake can I ask, how on Earth have you enjoyed it?

The gameplay is really repetitive, the controls feel so flunky and loose, the horror portion of the game is completely non-existent and the characters are all as likable as twigs... But the worst part of all is the constant damn narration! It is so mind-numbingly frustrating to the point where I can't stand no more and stop playing for a month or so... I fact I take back what I said, the horror is existent it has just formed itself in constant, annoying narration form rather than actual horror...

The story itself seems okay though and it does have a good soundtrack, I guess... But the narration, man... *Shivers*
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#13
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
As I am currently playing Alan Wake can I ask, how on Earth have you enjoyed it?

Admittedly some of the narrative is a bit cheesy/cliche/etc...but I dunno. I just like it. Different strokes I guess.

Hunter_mk posted...
the closest one to me probably Max Payne 3, it has a similar narrative, character talking all time time about his life

I've been meaning to pick it up, I'll probably get it next time there's a decent sale on it.

xanthan1 posted...

Cool, thanks!
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * AKA Magus77
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So I finished Alan Wake / American Nightmare. Good similar games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived