This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where can i go to learn about motherboards?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Where can i go to learn about motherboards?

User Info: angermngment101

angermngment101
3 years ago#11
OmegaDL50 posted...
Also just because you salvage a motherboard from a junk doesn't necessarily mean it will work. I'm guess you are using junk parts instead of new parts so you can get a basics of the internals of a PC tower. This should be fine, however it might be better to use a website like PCPartpicker that will let you select a built with no incompatibilities in terms of part selection.

My main goal is to have something functional. That would be a certain starting point for me.

I probably wouldnt want to invest too heavily into a motherboard or CPU from the junk yard.

I ordered a video card (Radeon HD 6750), and I have a CX430 PSU, so I was hoping to get something functional that I could put those in temporarily until I decide to upgrade the rest.

From the junk yard, i will probably look into getting HDDs, DVD drives, RAM, and idk what else. Then maybe get the best CPU/motherboard I can find there, and hope the MB can accept the Video card, ram, and HDD that I get.
Gamefax
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Where can i go to learn about motherboards?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived