This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Windows 8 is so good how come both Microsoft and Sony are using Windows 7?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If Windows 8 is so good how come both Microsoft and Sony are using Windows 7?

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
3 years ago#31
darkstar4221 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
No issues here. *shrug*

Plenty of shortcuts and little things I enjoy about it. Its not a drastic change by any means.

Keep the hate train going, seems it might be running out of steam.

Defending Microsoft is like defending a rapist who got a woman pregnant. I don't know how people can defend Microsoft.

Yes people use Windows 8 because it's shoved down the consumers throats and the consumers have little choice on the matter. Microsoft (thanks to copyright law) makes it even difficult to downgrade from 8 to 7. I say if Microsoft is losing money because of Windows 8 the better.

Oh. It's that anti-Microsoft guy that's always complaining about their "monopoly".

User Info: Shpoople

Shpoople
3 years ago#32
darkstar4221 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
No issues here. *shrug*

Plenty of shortcuts and little things I enjoy about it. Its not a drastic change by any means.

Keep the hate train going, seems it might be running out of steam.

Defending Microsoft is like defending a rapist who got a woman pregnant. I don't know how people can defend Microsoft.

Yes people use Windows 8 because it's shoved down the consumers throats and the consumers have little choice on the matter. Microsoft (thanks to copyright law) makes it even difficult to downgrade from 8 to 7. I say if Microsoft is losing money because of Windows 8 the better.

Yes that's exactly what it's like. Gamers seriously are the bottom of the barrel

User Info: Golden Maven

Golden Maven
3 years ago#33
darkstar4221 posted...
Yes people use Windows 8 because it's shoved down the consumers throats and the consumers have little choice on the matter.

You've got Linux and OSX to choose from. Enjoy!

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
3 years ago#34
Golden Maven posted...
darkstar4221 posted...
Yes people use Windows 8 because it's shoved down the consumers throats and the consumers have little choice on the matter.

You've got Linux and OSX to choose from. Enjoy!

Lies. Microsoft has a monopoly on the OS market.

There is only Windows.

User Info: Reaper_Minion

Reaper_Minion
3 years ago#35
The only really bad thing about W8 is its UI, but that's something you can modify or get used to. It's not a big deal.

Most -but not all- other complaints are BS or have nothing to do with W8 itself.
/|\ http://i.imgur.com/hK9c1lo.jpg?1
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#36
But but, Windows 8 stole my gf, drank my beer and gave my dog hep-v.
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.

User Info: Yombiee

Yombiee
3 years ago#37
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2047332/is-windows-8-a-trojan-horse-for-the-nsa-the-german-government-thinks-so.html

User Info: Enigma149

Enigma149
3 years ago#38
Yombiee posted...
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2047332/is-windows-8-a-trojan-horse-for-the-nsa-the-german-government-thinks-so.html

Being fair, any government that doesn't develop its own operating system (or, at the very least, a customized version of one) is asking to be hacked.
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 years ago#39
Seriously guys, how easy is it to troll this board?
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson

User Info: gastaman

gastaman
3 years ago#40
pothocket posted...
Seriously guys, how easy is it to troll this board?

Easy as a Sunday morning...
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If Windows 8 is so good how come both Microsoft and Sony are using Windows 7?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived