This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would I need to record and render in 1080p?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What would I need to record and render in 1080p?

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
4 years ago#11
CatToy posted...
Raw 1080 video (what you would be capturing with Fraps) is incredibly space consuming. You're looking at 5 to 7 gigs for every minute you record. You would not only need a capture card to cover performance issues which you WILL be having if you try to record without one, but depending on how much you want to record in a single session, you'll need a large hard drive dedicated to recording alone.

Yeah, I know that, I have an old 500GB HDD I will be using. However... Will a capture card really be required? Like I said, I won't record extremely hard to run games.

Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1vgYE

This is a good PC for what you're trying to do. The extra i7 cores will make recording and encoding your videos much easier

Excellent, thank you! I even have some room to get some slightly better stuff :D

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 years ago#12
Nice, since you already have a 500GB HDD, I really recommend replacing that 1TB HDD in that link with either a 120GB or 250GB SSD. They are so much faster than normal disk drives. Recording 1080p video will be so much smoother on an SSD vs a normal HDD. They cost around $80-$200
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg

User Info: CatToy

CatToy
4 years ago#13
A high end processor would probably be up to the task but it would vary significantly from game to game. Personally I wouldn't trust my processor alone to do the job reliably which is why I bought a capture card myself. They aren't expensive, a decent one will run you 100 to 150 and as long as you're recording to a separate drive, the performance hit won't be very noticeable.
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
3DS: 0301 9786 1157
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What would I need to record and render in 1080p?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived