This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

dell laptop power button

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. dell laptop power button

User Info: gerg666

gerg666
4 years ago#1
Haven't had much luck on the other pc boards here so I'm trying this one because I'm getting desperate. I got a Dell laptop with the power button on the side screen hinge. The wire has become disconnected so I am unable to turn it on. I know I can solder the wire back in place but I'm looking for a temporary solution for the time being. I need to get things for my work asap and it will be a few days before I can get a soldering iron. Anybody know of some "hillbilly/ghetto" quick fixes to get my laptop turned on until I can get my hands on a soldering iron? Sorry I don't have the model number handy but it is an older Dell laptop and does not have the media buttons that i have seen elsewhere as a solution. Thanks for any assistance.

I'm not looking for fancy or permanent at this moment. Just trying to get access to my work so I don't lose my job.

gerg666
4 years ago#2
bump

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
4 years ago#3
Touch to two wires together for a second.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

gerg666
4 years ago#4
thanks! I'll try that.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. dell laptop power button

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived