This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wonder if now is the best time to buy a new gpu

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I wonder if now is the best time to buy a new gpu

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 years ago#11
YoungAdultLink posted...
The 7950 deal is pretty good, so that would be a nice thing to jump on. I'd like to see how a 9870 will look.

Is there some specific sale/deal going on with it right now?
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.

User Info: d209999

d209999
3 years ago#12
Boge posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...
The 7950 deal is pretty good, so that would be a nice thing to jump on. I'd like to see how a 9870 will look.

Is there some specific sale/deal going on with it right now?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127667
*under construction*

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
3 years ago#13
AMD will probably price their cards similar to what Nvidia has, maybe higher as they did when they introduced the 7970.

So, 9970, around $600 to $700
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#14
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
AMD will probably price their cards similar to what Nvidia has, maybe higher as they did when they introduced the 7970.

Or more likely price it at nothing because it won't exist because AMD=FINISHED
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
3 years ago#15
What I have now is igpu on Haswell.
I was originally going to wait until after the release of 9970/50 for the prices to drop on cards, but I don't think the price of 7970 will drop any further than $270 for the foreseeable future. U was originally thinking of getting 760, but if it's only $20 or so difference...

Any thoughts?
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 years ago#16
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

This will indeed be the case if the 9970 outperforms the 780. AMD will follow the price trend that Nvidia has set, unfortunately.

Requiem posted...
What I have now is igpu on Haswell.
I was originally going to wait until after the release of 9970/50 for the prices to drop on cards, but I don't think the price of 7970 will drop any further than $270 for the foreseeable future. U was originally thinking of getting 760, but if it's only $20 or so difference...

Any thoughts?

Well the 7970 is a lot better, so for $20 more it's a no brainier unless you need something specific that only Nvidia offers.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I wonder if now is the best time to buy a new gpu

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived