This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need some help streaming to android from PC....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I need some help streaming to android from PC....

User Info: Mwulf

Mwulf
4 years ago#1
I've tried a half-dozen different media server utilities on my PC, and twice as many streaming apps on my new Nexus 7, and absolutely nothing works.

A lot of people seem to recommend just using VLC media player, and AFAIK I've got VLC set up properly--web interface--but I'm not seeing anything on my PC to indicate a server/sharing thing is going down, and tablet apps can (never) recognize (anything).

I'd really love, well, any input at the moment. I've been fiddling around with this for the past 3 hours.
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
(message deleted)

User Info: GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok
4 years ago#3
I was in the same situation for awhile. On the Android side, I've settled on MediaHouse UPnP + MX Player. For the Windows side, you'll want to use a good UPnP server. I'm using Tversity, but it's not free apparently.........

>_>
<_<

I hear PS3 Media Server is a good alternative.
M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3 1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD |
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I need some help streaming to android from PC....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived