This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about CPU upgrading.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about CPU upgrading.

User Info: KabtheMentat

KabtheMentat
3 years ago#1
Right now I have a Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz quadcore. I'm looking to upgrade fairly soon (want to get in on some BF4 action mostly) and I'm considering an i5-3570K or a i5-4670K. I was wondering what could I expect in turns of frame rate increases with the upgrade? As a baseline this is what I get in BF3 and with the system I have.

I play mostly on medium (textures at high) with no AA at 1920x1080. My FPS is anywhere from 40 to 100+, depending on player count and map size. Larger maps like Caspian or Op Firestorm (64 players) have dips into the 40s, but mostly I get a more or less constant 60FPS+

Now the system I have:
Phenom II X4 965
7850 2GB OC Edition
8GB RAM

Thanks ahead for any info/advice.

Edit: Small but important note. I don't use this PC for anything other than gaming really. So a CPU that's more multitask friendly doesn't interest me.
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Hey whassup, it's ya boy Cowboy, AKA Too Young...to be havin' diabetes.

User Info: KabtheMentat

KabtheMentat
3 years ago#2
Bump maybe?
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Hey whassup, it's ya boy Cowboy, AKA Too Young...to be havin' diabetes.

User Info: PBrodeur

PBrodeur
3 years ago#3
I have an AMD CPU myself but you really can't go wrong with an i5 if gaming is all you do.
FX8350 / ATI Sapphire 7870XT OCed / Patriot 64GB SSD / 3x1TB WD Black / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / 12GB DDR3 / 750W C-Master GX / Corsair 300R / Steam ID : PatriBrod
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about CPU upgrading.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived