This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sims vs Crysis

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sims vs Crysis

User Info: Nineteen99

Nineteen99
3 years ago#1
Sims or Crysis? - Results (63 votes)
Buy Sims Ambitions and Sims University ($30)
52.38% (33 votes)
Buy Crysis 3 Standard and Sims University ($35)
47.62% (30 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So assuming that EA doesn't add any more Sims expansions or Crysis 3 to the bundle, what do you think I should get? I only have money for one of the above situations at the moment, and I have an equal desire to play both Sims and Crysis 3. Feel free to explain your vote.

Also note that I already own Crysis 1 and 2 (they're even on Origin), so I won't be picking up Crysis 3 Digital Deluxe. I'm not considering getting the World Adventures/Generations bundle because 1)I want University and Ambitions more and 2)It's not on sale, so I can buy it later.

No Origin/EA hate please. I'm sick of it.
"Words cannot describe how screwed I am..."-Phoenix Wright
Currently Playing: Bastion, Torchlight 2

User Info: TowerBooks3192

TowerBooks3192
3 years ago#2
Leaning towards the sims expansion since I can't be bothered by FPS and I have all the expansions currently available (thanks to my sister who loves the game).

University adds a sort of a location like the places in world adventures but you are only there for the duration of the period that you are attending classes. Also getting a degree adds more jobs you could access or higher pay or something and some Nerd/jock abilities and whatnot (I haven't played university expansion yet). I guess it also adds the ability for you to get a roommate and split the rent or even get some tenants.

Ambitions also adds a lot since it adds professions which are hands-on jobs and the more you work the more you will earn compared to the fixed amounts paid in normal career.
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower

User Info: Golden_Gonads

Golden_Gonads
3 years ago#3
The Sims expansions have apparently been cheaper before, and frankly from what I can see of them, they don't add much each. So I'd say go with Crysis. A whole game as opposed to a few extra bits to an on-going one.

User Info: StormKMD

StormKMD
3 years ago#4
Steam.
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430

User Info: SnipeStar

SnipeStar
3 years ago#5
StormKMD posted...
Steam.
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01

User Info: BigAl519

BigAl519
3 years ago#6
Sims of course! Crysis 3 is just another bland, boring FPS that fails to have the quality and fun factor of the first Crysis.
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!

User Info: jddaman2

jddaman2
3 years ago#7
Well with Sims you're getting an expansion for a series that's atleast good-ok as the series went on. Crysis 3 is just a shadow of its predecessors even more so than Crysis 2 which was just a console friendly version of Crysis.
Brofistus Maximus

User Info: temgun

temgun
3 years ago#8
Sims obviously. It will last you for a long time and it more fun than Crysis 3. Outside the pretty visuals, Crysis 3 doesn't offer anything new. It's your basic shooter that lasts for about 6 hours.

User Info: Ravenoussd

Ravenoussd
3 years ago#9
one thing that erks me about the sims 3 is that the Bed glitch........broke the game for me.......EA stop releasing expansions/DLC until you fix the core game
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult

User Info: Nineteen99

Nineteen99
3 years ago#10
This is the most even poll I've ever seen on here.
"Words cannot describe how screwed I am..."-Phoenix Wright
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sims vs Crysis

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived