This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Headphones (Not for gaming).

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Headphones (Not for gaming).

User Info: CammyApple

CammyApple
3 years ago#11
MaKhaos posted...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12

Sounds just like what you need.

Bookmarked because holy fudge all the info all at once.
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#12
V-Moda M80's are a pretty good choice if you don't mind them being on-ear, and you can pick them up from Amazon for $130 with free shipping from their Warehouse Deals section. I got a pair listed as "Very Good" when they were at a steeper discount of ~$110, and I couldn't tell they weren't new other than the fact that they had been opened.

They come with a nice carry case that isn't too big, and come with two heavy-duty detachable cables with mics too.
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * AKA Magus77

User Info: aak57

aak57
3 years ago#13
Budget is very, very important. Not much point in me recommending a pair of HD800s to someone who thinks "budget doesn't matter much" means like $100.

And yeah, go to head-fi. Supremely knowledgeable people there who aren't as prone to the newbie cycle.
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.

CammyApple
3 years ago#14
aak57 posted...
Budget is very, very important. Not much point in me recommending a pair of HD800s to someone who thinks "budget doesn't matter much" means like $100.

And yeah, go to head-fi. Supremely knowledgeable people there who aren't as prone to the newbie cycle.

While I understand that budget is important it's also a bridge I am willing to cross when I come to it. I would prefer to pay less but if I see something that is just unbeatable and it costs $350 that may be a bullet I have to bite.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 years ago#15
CammyApple posted...
aak57 posted...

While I understand that budget is important it's also a bridge I am willing to cross when I come to it. I would prefer to pay less but if I see something that is just unbeatable and it costs $350 that may be a bullet I have to bite.

Still off a ways, headphones go into the thousands. for instance, you can find the HD800 mentioned by aak57 at $1500 USD.
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)

CammyApple
3 years ago#16
wizardmon posted...
CammyApple posted...
aak57 posted...

Still off a ways, headphones go into the thousands. for instance, you can find the HD800 mentioned by aak57 at $1500 USD.

I'm aware. If I was going to spend that much I would just go with custom IEMs though.

User Info: Acquire

Acquire
3 years ago#17
I have some audeze lcd 2s hooked up to a schiit lyr amp and a xonar essence stx sound card, which I use as my dac. It sounds fantastic.
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.

CammyApple
3 years ago#18
Acquire posted...
I have some audeze lcd 2s hooked up to a schiit lyr amp and a xonar essence stx sound card, which I use as my dac. It sounds fantastic.

That must be a pain in the butt to cart about when you want to go for a walk though.

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
3 years ago#19
Audiotechnica M50 are some of the best price per performance on the market.
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#20
TC, you might want to look at the Sennheiser HD25-1 II.

therickmu25 posted...
Audiotechnica M50 are some of the best price per performance on the market.

At their everyday asking price of ~$150, they're not. At the ~$100 sale price, they're decent.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Headphones (Not for gaming).

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived