This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will someone please help me with installing Windows 7 onto new HD?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will someone please help me with installing Windows 7 onto new HD?

User Info: binaryis101

binaryis101
3 years ago#1
Ok so I am using a bootable flash drive with the Windows 7 ISO on it and I got as far as having to choose where to install windows to. I selected my brand new HD in my laptop and at first it started giving me some kind of error. I looked it up and I found it has something to do with "partitions" and a bunch of other crap I didn't know about. Well I clicked on a button on the install window that said "new" and clicked around a minute and then my HD disappeared from the list of install destinations altogether!

So I rebooted my laptop and tried again and this time the HD was back and I clicked on it and it went through the first step (something like "installing windows files") but then right after the next step (expanding windows files) got to 100% my computer rebooted and wanted me to start the installation process all over again like it never even started. What do I do? Please help! Thank you!

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#2
Did you remove the USB flash drive? Try that and reboot the computer.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Madmicky933

Madmicky933
3 years ago#3
binaryis101 posted...
Ok so I am using a bootable flash drive with the Windows 7 ISO on it and I got as far as having to choose where to install windows to. I selected my brand new HD in my laptop and at first it started giving me some kind of error. I looked it up and I found it has something to do with "partitions" and a bunch of other crap I didn't know about. Well I clicked on a button on the install window that said "new" and clicked around a minute and then my HD disappeared from the list of install destinations altogether!

So I rebooted my laptop and tried again and this time the HD was back and I clicked on it and it went through the first step (something like "installing windows files") but then right after the next step (expanding windows files) got to 100% my computer rebooted and wanted me to start the installation process all over again like it never even started. What do I do? Please help! Thank you!

Just take the flashdrive out.
Boot your PC.
And it'll boot to Windows.
Karma... Is a powerful force..

User Info: binaryis101

binaryis101
3 years ago#4
Oh... Lol darn Windows trolls.. They make you think something bad happened and stuff. Lol thanks a bunch guys!

User Info: Madmicky933

Madmicky933
3 years ago#5
Sometimes the answer is that easy, but we assume it's something much more haha

You're welcome, man.
Karma... Is a powerful force..
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will someone please help me with installing Windows 7 onto new HD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived