This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Slingbox question.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Slingbox question.

User Info: BizzyBrm27

BizzyBrm27
4 years ago#1
So I've been using Slingbox since I watch sports at work on my phone. I don't have a secondary LCD TV at home so I just stream Slingbox to my monitor. Problem is the quality is 8500kbps (I max at 10mb/s but I have 2 others using the wifi so it adds a bunch of slowtime thanks to the huge upload to Netflix's server), which is fine if I wasn't doing anything else on the internet.

So here's my question, my Slingbox is directly connected to my 10/100/1000 router. Is there ANY way to be able to stream Slingbox through the direct ethernet connection or am I stuck using up all my upload speed, and slow down everything, and having to stream through Slingbox's web client?

Yeah I will be getting a little widescreen tv with builtin speakers soon, I'm just wondering if it's possible. The Slingbox is connected directly to a 100/1000 router I'd love for it to have a direct connection.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Slingbox question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived