This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oh, right, I need wires too.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Oh, right, I need wires too.

User Info: jakisthe

jakisthe
3 years ago#1
So in building my new rig completely from scratch, apparently I overlooked the fact that I need cables to connect everything with too...Specifically, I'm pretty sure I need them for:
-Samsung 840 SSD, which came with only the actual SSD and no enclosure or wire or anything.
-Asus Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST disc reader, same as above.
-Seagate Barracuda 3tb internal 7200, which - you guessed it - didn't come with any anything but the actual HDD

And who knows what else. Maybe my cooler (a corsair H100i)? Maybe my mobo (a GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 which, admittedly, hasn't come yet but as long as I'm getting cables en masse...)? Lil help?
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::

User Info: VIP86

VIP86
3 years ago#2
All the connectors you need come with your motherboard. The rest come with your power supply.
DESKTOP--i5-3570K| ASUS P8Z77-V| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 400R| INTEL 520 180GB| NOCTUA NH-D14| CORSAIR AX750

User Info: TheFeshPince

TheFeshPince
3 years ago#3
the mobo and psu will come with all the cables you need
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4

User Info: jakisthe

jakisthe
3 years ago#4
Really? Great. I was all worried that I wouldn't have, say, the right enclosure or somesuch for the SSD.

Well, that's a load off my mind. Thanks!
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#5
VIP86 posted...
All the connectors you need come with your motherboard. The rest come with your power supply.

Usually. Some mobos only provide 2 sata cables so you might need 1 more. Not hard to pick up and all sata cables are pretty much the same.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#6
Yeah, my mobo only came with 2 cables and I needed 3 (SSD, HDD, ODD). Sounds like you'll need that many as well.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: VIP86

VIP86
3 years ago#7
DV8ingSources posted...
VIP86 posted...

Usually. Some mobos only provide 2 sata cables so you might need 1 more. Not hard to pick up and all sata cables are pretty much the same.

You're right. Some of my friends had to order some online, because they only got 2. I ended up having 4 in my box.
DESKTOP--i5-3570K| ASUS P8Z77-V| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 400R| INTEL 520 180GB| NOCTUA NH-D14| CORSAIR AX750

User Info: Pyrotechnixxx

Pyrotechnixxx
3 years ago#8
Your mobo should come with 4 black SATA cables.
Fear is a leash.

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 years ago#9
My mobo came with 2 SATA cables, but I ordered 2 new ones anyways just so I could get the ones with the right angle connectors.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Oh, right, I need wires too.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived