This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will I be good with a Dual-Link DVI to High-Speed HDMI cable for 2560x1440?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will I be good with a Dual-Link DVI to High-Speed HDMI cable for 2560x1440?

User Info: Conker

Conker
3 years ago#1
ATM I'm replacing my Maximus V Gene that had to be RMA'd, so I'm currently using my laptop and it only has HDMI out.

I happen to have a Catleap that only has a DL-DVI port on it...the only thing I wanted to make sure is each of these cables can work in reverse, right? For ex: if it's label DVI>HDMI, it will also work HDMI>DVI. I'm sure it does, but just wanted someone to affirm :P

http://www.amazon.com/Link-Depot-Plated-DVI-D-DVI-2-HDMI/dp/B00180F402/

I'm thinking this should work great for 2560x1440 up to 60Hz. Yeah?
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
3 years ago#2
Yes it will work.
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335

User Info: ArsenicOverlord

ArsenicOverlord
3 years ago#3
Isn't HDMI limited to 1920x1200 resolution or something like that? I don't think HDMI connection is capable of driving 2560x1440.
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
Happy user of PowerFAQs 1.11

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
3 years ago#4
ArsenicOverlord posted...
Isn't HDMI limited to 1920x1200 resolution or something like that? I don't think HDMI connection is capable of driving 2560x1440.

HDMI 1.3 supports up to 1600p. A cable that has one end with dual-link DVI should be fast enough. It depends on whether or not your laptop actually supports it. If it is newer it should.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will I be good with a Dual-Link DVI to High-Speed HDMI cable for 2560x1440?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived