This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now school has started. Do you bring a laptop to school that you use for school?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Now school has started. Do you bring a laptop to school that you use for school?

User Info: greenyoshi46

greenyoshi46
4 years ago#1
Do you bring a laptop to school that you use for school? - Results (125 votes)
Yes.
32.8% (41 votes)
No.
12.8% (16 votes)
Yes, but I play games on it in class. ;)
4% (5 votes)
No, I use a tablet.
5.6% (7 votes)
No, netbooks are where it's at.
2.4% (3 votes)
I bring my own monitor, m-itx rig with a gtx 690 with keyboard, mouse and high-end headset.
4.8% (6 votes)
What's a computer?
0.8% (1 votes)
I don't go to school.
34.4% (43 votes)
My school lets us borrow computers there.
2.4% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Do you take a laptop with you to school? and why?
(English is not my first language, Swedish is. So respect typos)

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
4 years ago#2
I don't go to school because I'm not a nerd.

Back when I did go to school, no laptop unless it was required. Which I think it was in one case. A lot of times I'd need to write things in notes that wouldn't be easy to write in a word processor(like equations) so it wouldn't be worth it taking notes from a laptop.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: dlf

dlf
4 years ago#3
I do something like a 10" "laptop" albeit I hate the keys. Would like a 11-14 (around 3 pounds or so?) to take notes with. Taking notes on a tablet would seem far far far too slow.
I have built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P5kr - Minus a few parts.

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
4 years ago#4
It depends on what you mean by use for school. I don't take notes on it but I have both a laptop and a desktop in my school apartment that I could do school work on.
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542

User Info: nIMr0D888

nIMr0D888
4 years ago#5
9 options for a yes or no question. ... really?
CAUTION: EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE

User Info: I_Am_On_Fire

I_Am_On_Fire
4 years ago#6
I have a laptop that I've been bringing to class, but I have yet to use it for one. I've also go my desktop back in my dorm room.
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64

User Info: Lwaxana_Troi

Lwaxana_Troi
4 years ago#7
Yes, I need it to type up lesson plans and use geometer's sketchpad.

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
4 years ago#8
I have a laptop that a friend asked me to fix that I didn't even look at for six months because it was payback for stealing my chocolate milk and Oreo cakesters (long story, more significant than it seems). I fixed it by repairing Windows, and now he's in the Marines so I'm the temporary owner.

Don't use it for school, though. I just take it to the bathroom with me when I take a s***.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: greenyoshi46

greenyoshi46
4 years ago#9
nIMr0D888 posted...
9 options for a yes or no question. ... really?

But different people do different stuff
(English is not my first language, Swedish is. So respect typos)

User Info: iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme
4 years ago#10
I have my laptop in my dorm room at college and I use it to do work, but I don't bring it to class, so... what am I supposed to vote!?
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Now school has started. Do you bring a laptop to school that you use for school?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived