This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amazon has a pretty good deal going on a nice mechanical gaming keyboard:

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Amazon has a pretty good deal going on a nice mechanical gaming keyboard:

User Info: DetectivPenguin

DetectivPenguin
4 years ago#1
90 bucks for a not quite full sized but still has the (almost) full keyboard (numpad included). 20 dollar rebate if you buy through amazon in the next 2 days. Things getting really good reviews. Nice looking, gotta love that smexy blue backlight with those clicky mx blues. Can't wait, my first mech keyboard. Been waitin for a good deal to come along on an mx blue keyboard with a backlight on it and today was my lucky day. Plus free 2 day shipping for meee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A378L4C/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone out there already have one of these things?

Unboxing vid to get me even more hype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90pqRcXibek

Can't wait for the clickity clickity.
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/66852152

User Info: Lady Une

Lady Une
4 years ago#2
What exactly makes that a "gaming keyboard"?
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.

User Info: DetectivPenguin

DetectivPenguin
4 years ago#3
backlight, detachable usb cord, compact
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/66852152

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 years ago#4
Every keyboard is a gaming keyboard unless it sucks ass... Also it's got backlit keys which means that your Cheetos encrusted fingers can find the WASD cluster in a dark room (if you needed the help).
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png

User Info: Scroe

Scroe
4 years ago#5
Lady Une posted...
What exactly makes that a "gaming keyboard"?

It has lights
Don't hinder Jinder
I'm a white girl with nice boobs

User Info: TheFeralWarrior

TheFeralWarrior
4 years ago#6
arleas posted...
Every keyboard is a gaming keyboard unless it sucks ass... Also it's got backlit keys which means that your Cheetos encrusted fingers can find the WASD cluster in a dark room (if you needed the help).

This made me LOL.
Gt & Steam: TheFeralWarrior
Member of PC Master Race

User Info: Lady Une

Lady Une
4 years ago#7
DetectivPenguin posted...
backlight, detachable usb cord, compact

Ah.

i ask because it seems to have less keys, no dedicated arrow keys anyway, and most gaming keyboards I see do the opposite by adding on whole rows of superfluous keys.

I suppose that may be more of an MMO thing though.
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.

User Info: Pyrotechnixxx

Pyrotechnixxx
4 years ago#8
Why the **** would you want a keyboard without dedicated arrow keys?
Fear is a leash.

User Info: cuteboi100

cuteboi100
4 years ago#9
That's actually a decent compromise giving up the arrow for the numpad in a compact keyboard. The arrow can always be remapped to the numpad and you have the numpad for calculator work. If I were to buy one I would get the version with MX Reds as that is where the gaming is at.

I've always been hesitant about buying a tenkeyless keyboard as I thought I might need the numpad later, for phone numbers and such, that's why I went with the K60.

Tenkeyless keyboards are cheaper to manufacture because they have less keys and are more compact so you have a larger range of motion with your mouse and a more centered position.

Take all of these into account before purchasing a tenkeyless.

But once again, this is a great compromise.

Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage

User Info: ein311

ein311
4 years ago#10
The Quickfire TK compact layout makes a whole lot more sense than the typical Tenkeyless layouts you see.

My Ducky TKL has arrow keys/etc and omits the numpad. This gives you the numpad plus the typical arrow/pgup/down/etc. keys in a compact package.

Not a bad price, either.
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Amazon has a pretty good deal going on a nice mechanical gaming keyboard:

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived