This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking to get my first gaming laptop under $2000

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to get my first gaming laptop under $2000

User Info: kortez1

kortez1
4 years ago#21
TimePharaoh posted...
Nope. Playing games on a laptop=/=gaming laptop. Not sure why this is such a hard concept for you laptop gamers to understand.

First off I'm not a laptop gamer. I have a desktop for that but you probably wouldn't consider the specs I have a "gaming" rig since you seem to only think a desktop with sli 880s qualifies as gaming. I have a 1090t/7950...but I assume this isn't a gaming rig, right?

Enlighten us as to what gaming performance is required to consider it a gaming rig. What you guys who spew this uninformed muck don't understand is that "gaming" is a subjective term. To me if most recent games can be played at max or close to max settings in 1080p at 40+ fps, then I'd consider it a gaming rig. My desktop falls under this category though I'm sure the 1090t is a red flag for you and of course the 7950 is not near the most high end gpu out right now.

I don't believe anyone has a right to make such absolute statements when there is no definitive way to measure what makes a rig a gaming rig.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to get my first gaming laptop under $2000

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived