This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help guys...Formatting a SSD...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help guys...Formatting a SSD...

User Info: Benjamin_Button

Benjamin_Button
4 years ago#1
So i ripped my macbook pro's ssd and bought an enclosure for it to add to my desktop.

the pc detects the ssd which is good and i go to Disk Management and i get this:

http://i.imgur.com/cDboi6N.png

That unallocated space was me deleting 2 volumes. I want to completely format the whole ssd but for some reason i cant delete that 200mb healthy partition. I want to COMPLETELY format this sdd...

what do?
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD

User Info: CloudZ1116

CloudZ1116
4 years ago#2
I've had this problem trying to delete certain Windows 8 partitions in Windows 7. The solution is to use 3rd party tools like PartitionMagic, or do it from a Linux live CD.
Intel Core i7 2600k | XFX Radeon HD 7950 | MSI P67A-G45 | Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 16GB | Crucial M4 128GB | WD Cavair Black 1TB | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W

User Info: Dirk85UK

Dirk85UK
4 years ago#3
If you boot your computer with the windows installation disc, then you can format/partition/delete from there. Best thing to do is delete all the partitions there, then in windows you can create 1 partition and then format it and then you won't have that 200mb partition anymore.
i5 2500 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 670 FTW | Asus P8 P67 | Intel 330 SSD | XFX 650W | Dell U2711

User Info: betatech

betatech
4 years ago#4
I would try either:
1. The manufacturers tools- these usually include some sought of wipe tool
2. Gparted
3. Any other tools which completely erases a drive- usually you just need to run it for the first few parts of the drive.

Also, are you sure it's an SSD and not a HDD?
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help guys...Formatting a SSD...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived