This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a tablet to utilize the Xbox Glass on the One. Any suggestions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a tablet to utilize the Xbox Glass on the One. Any suggestions?

User Info: Sniper_Brosef

Sniper_Brosef
3 years ago#1
i've been staring at the Surface RT tablet and I'm wondering a couple of things:

Is there a Kindle app for the Surface because I'd like to replace my Kindle Fire too?

Are there any other tablets I should be looking at?
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.

User Info: gastaman

gastaman
3 years ago#2
Yes, there is a Kindle app. However, your Kindle Fire grants you a free book rental per month, while other devices with a Kindle app will not.

Smartglass will work on any platform (iOS, Android, Windows). Is there a particular reason you are looking at the Surface RT?
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200

User Info: Sniper_Brosef

Sniper_Brosef
3 years ago#3
gastaman posted...
Yes, there is a Kindle app. However, your Kindle Fire grants you a free book rental per month, while other devices with a Kindle app will not.

Smartglass will work on any platform (iOS, Android, Windows). Is there a particular reason you are looking at the Surface RT?

I just searched for smartglass and didn't see it on my kindle fireI only have the Kindle Fire, however, so is smartglass on the HD version?. Also, I did kind of want to play that halo game that is coming out for tablets/phones but I think it's only going to Windows 8 platforms which was another, albeit minor, reason for looking at Windows 8 tablets. I was looking at the Surface RT because it seems like a very capable tablet for a good price while suiting my other needs in the process.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a tablet to utilize the Xbox Glass on the One. Any suggestions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived