This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone buy pc games at full price anymore?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does anyone buy pc games at full price anymore?

User Info: XNo_FearX

XNo_FearX
4 years ago#1
With all the sales I really see no point in buying games at full price anymore.
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
FC: 1392 - 4747 - 3214

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
4 years ago#2
If I'm excited about it and want to play it right after launch, you boat'chya
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."

User Info: TheWayOfTheGun

TheWayOfTheGun
4 years ago#3
Sales on the good games don't happen till months after they release. If you get hyped for a game and don't have a lineup to hold you over it's pretty tough to not pay full price.

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
4 years ago#4
If $5-10 off a pre-ordering/release day purchases of games counts as "Not full price", then no.

Even with buying the odd game on or before release, it's still not hard to get 10-20% off most major titles.
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg

User Info: GameMan987

GameMan987
4 years ago#5
It's pretty tough to convince myself to buy at full price. Yeah it won't be on sale for a few months, but the one that came out a few months ago will be soon.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 years ago#6
No reason to ever pay full price short of limited quantities. Never has been
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
4 years ago#7
Yes, I bought a gaming PC because I have money, and I support the devs unlike some cheap ***** who wait until the game is like 5 dollars, but that usually takes more than 2-3 years, and I don't have patience for that ****.

These stupid sales and pirates are why some devs are giving PC the finger.
Nope Nope Nope!!!!

User Info: KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall
4 years ago#8
I do depending if it's a game I really want day one but most of the time I wait for a more appealing price.

For me a more appealing price depending on the game can be like $40-$45 dollars. Like although I did want the pre-order bonuses for Saint's Row IV it was not to get the 10% discount for being a SR 3 owner.

i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
4 years ago#9
Torchlight 2 was the last game I bought for a full price (only $20) It was by an indie developer, and I tend to support high quality indie products more than others..
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex

User Info: pfantzypantz

pfantzypantz
4 years ago#10
If I'm really hyped and want to support the devs, yes.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does anyone buy pc games at full price anymore?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived