This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think my Video card is dying.... I might be down with Sapphire. This is BS`

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I think my Video card is dying.... I might be down with Sapphire. This is BS`

User Info: DARQ MX

DARQ MX
3 years ago#1
random glitches out of no where. Screen moving all crappy and unresponsive areas of windows when using flash like items. I am getting really pissed off. I think I am just gonna go with Nvida from now on and stay there. I never have issues and its been a good card but this is Inexcusable. There aren't really artifacts so it can't be memory. but the page is going up and down as I am typing and new drivers and I am not even over clocked.
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#2
I'm down with Sapphire
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png

DARQ MX
3 years ago#3
Also this is the 6th time this happened and someone told me it was because I was Overclocked and it was that 2d mode that it doesn't like overclocks. This is the first time it has done it in like 2 weeks since I started going back to stock. I still have a warranty but god knows how long that will take to service.
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 years ago#4
If you think that only AMD cards are susceptible to dying, I have some very bad news for you.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W

DARQ MX
3 years ago#5
every time I restart it, it seems fine, and I updated drivers. I don't know what it is, Maybe it is flash. It is driving me nuts cause it is very intermittent but I can get it to do it when I do a lot of Flash things. It is the most annoying when all of this sudden I am going through music and I can't click on anything and things get unresponsive. It makes you think drivers or flash issue but it affects the whole computer. How can those 2 things make it that bad? IT did it on the old drivers and brand new ones. Like I said, it is extremely intermittent and it has only happened about 6 times in the past few months or so.
(message deleted)

DARQ MX
3 years ago#7
Snuckie7 posted...
If you think that only AMD cards are susceptible to dying, I have some very bad news for you.

lol. I went AMD this time cause it was the better choice at the time and price. I used Nvida my whole life in pc gaming(since like 2002) but I wanted a chance cause I didn't believe Nvida was all that great and I felt that AMD had better vendor support. It is funny actually. I had a 560TI originally, MSI of course...go figure. and it crapped the bucket in 2weeks and that is when I decided to go AMD/ATI

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#8
DARQ MX posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
I'm down with Sapphire

How about you help out instead of stop being a scumbag for once and notice I made a typo? Oh wait.. it is the internet and you never see a real life girl naked in your life.

worst. insult. ever.
i7-3770k ~ EVGA GTX670 4GB ~ Intel DZ77GAL-70k ~ 8GB Corsair Vengeance ~ 180GB SSD + 1TB HDD ~ Corsair 850W PSU ~ Silverstone Redline
PSN/360/Steam ~ irysh9

DARQ MX
3 years ago#9
wildog2006 posted...
DARQ MX posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
I'm down with Sapphire

How about you help out instead of stop being a scumbag for once and notice I made a typo? Oh wait.. it is the internet and you never see a real life girl naked in your life.

worst. insult. ever.

Must be true for you too than.

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#10
DARQ MX posted...

Must be true for you too than.

No need to be angry, you can just ignore.
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I think my Video card is dying.... I might be down with Sapphire. This is BS`

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived