This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mouse Button 3 not working--and I can't seem to uninstall the drivers.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mouse Button 3 not working--and I can't seem to uninstall the drivers.

User Info: Mwulf

Mwulf
3 years ago#1
I've got a wireless Logitech 5-button mouse. Mouse1, Mouse2, Mouse4, Mouse5 and MouseWheel all function properly, but Mouse3 (clicking the wheel) doesn't register at all.

It was working fine the other day, but then I re-synced it with a different unifying reciever and am now getting the issue, so it being hardware-related seems unlikely.

Looking at similar problems online, the solution seems to be uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers. Thing is, if I unplug the Unifying reciever the drivers vanish from my device manager, and if I leave it plugged in the mouse drivers will automatically re-appear immediately after I uninstall it.

What should I do?
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#2
When you uninstall the drivers from the device manager you can select to delete the drivers.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

User Info: Mwulf

Mwulf
3 years ago#3
Okay... did that to no effect.

Then I managed to find an old laptop to try it out on... and the wheel button didn't work there, either.

So that means it must be a hardware issue, right?

I've been using PCs since MS-DOS and this is the first time in my life I've ever had a mouse button stop working on me.
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mouse Button 3 not working--and I can't seem to uninstall the drivers.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived