This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's your ideal monitor size for gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's your ideal monitor size for gaming?

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
3 years ago#31
I'm quite fond of my 30" 2560x1600 display.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

User Info: iscareu13

iscareu13
3 years ago#32
If you want to play competitive: 21.5"
If you want to take online somewhat seriously: 24"
If you are going for fun / single player: 30"

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#33
I have been using a 37" for years, switched to 27" but moved it closer so the view range is exactly the same. Honestly the bigger the better. If they made a 1400p tv I would go with that. I like the all-in-one of being able to have my PC and cable on the same display. Although now I guess I can dual monitor between the tv and monitor. I was thinking about setting my monitor real low and then putting the TV above it. The audio on the monitor is the worst I have ever seen, can at least use the audio on the TV for when I watch videos, or just move Netflix over to the TV.
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#34
Sir_Meowcat_Esq posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Just had a debate on this sort of thing with a friend. It really depends on your setup. If you are 2 feet from a monitor, a 4k 30 inch would be ideal. If you are 6 feet away, a 50 inch 4k would be awesome.

Smaller sizes for lower resolutions. For me at about 5 feet away 1080p 24inch is perfectly fine.

Who the crap sits that far back from a desk from a monitor? I would think that on average that everyone is 16inches or less away from a desk to their monitor. More ideally I think most would be like 6-10in away but 3-6ft?!? I don't think so.

3ft is about right... 6 seems a bit far for a desk setup (disregarding that excessive 50in screen comment... if it were that big, you'd want to be even further away) but 10in? Cripes, your eyes must hate you.

Sit in a recliner XD Its about 5 feet and its fine. Yes 10 inches is too close though. Eyes suck?
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: spanishbob

spanishbob
3 years ago#35
Fade2black001 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Just had a debate on this sort of thing with a friend. It really depends on your setup. If you are 2 feet from a monitor, a 4k 30 inch would be ideal. If you are 6 feet away, a 50 inch 4k would be awesome.

Smaller sizes for lower resolutions. For me at about 5 feet away 1080p 24inch is perfectly fine.

Who the crap sits that far back from a desk from a monitor? I would think that on average that everyone is 16inches or less away from a desk to their monitor. More ideally I think most would be like 6-10in away but 3-6ft?!? I don't think so.

6 inches? From the screen? WHAT THE HELL?

User Info: Mogu_Mogu

Mogu_Mogu
3 years ago#36
15 inches
2560x1440
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.

User Info: Yuniuninuniun

Yuniuninuniun
3 years ago#37
I'm pretty much stuck with 24 inches as the max.
My desk is pretty small
Playing: RaiderZ, Persona 3, La Mulana, Saint's Row IV, Dota 2

User Info: triple s

triple s
3 years ago#38
Nicodimus posted...
27" 1440p.

High pixel density and nice size = awesome.

I have a 27" 1080p monitor and love it but I hate how my kids 22" 1600x900 monitor has a sharper image so I think early next year going 27" 1440p would be perfect.
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: AlleRacing

AlleRacing
3 years ago#39
I game fine on a 24", but I could definitely see a 27" or 30" monitor being better after I get used to the size.
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg

User Info: CC Ricers

CC Ricers
3 years ago#40
The largest I used for my PC was a 32" TV but that was 720p lol, I put it in my bedroom for a short time after my old monitor's backlight burned out.

I would like to see how a 21:9 screen would look for gaming. I like the idea of the added horizontal space making it more immersive. A 29" screen of that aspect would be slightly taller than my current 20" screen. I do want to watch movies and do programming with it as well.
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's your ideal monitor size for gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived