This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it true that intel are not going to release the next set of CPU's till 2015?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it true that intel are not going to release the next set of CPU's till 2015?

User Info: Dirk85UK

Dirk85UK
4 years ago#1
Are they really skipping 2014 ?
i5 2500 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 670 FTW | Asus P8 P67 | Intel 330 SSD | XFX 650W | Dell U2711

User Info: aPCplayer

aPCplayer
4 years ago#2
Where did you hear that?

Dirk85UK
4 years ago#3
I haven't got a source. But I read it somewhere a few weeks ago. Just asking here, to see if it was true?
i5 2500 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 670 FTW | Asus P8 P67 | Intel 330 SSD | XFX 650W | Dell U2711

User Info: MC RaZaR

MC RaZaR
4 years ago#4
There's the Haswell Refresh and possibly Broadwell. Not sure if Broadwell is mobile only.
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson

User Info: urtv

urtv
4 years ago#5
supposedly haswell refresh is next year

User Info: CC Ricers

CC Ricers
4 years ago#6
Broadwell is expected late 2014.
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!

Dirk85UK
4 years ago#7
The performance difference between sandy/ivy/haswell has been minimal, will that be the case for the new CPU's? Or will we be seeing a bigger jump in performance?

User Info: urtv

urtv
4 years ago#8
same thing.they have no competition so no reason for them to give any real jump in performance

User Info: Knight2520

Knight2520
4 years ago#9
Broadwell won't be a new architecture, just a shrinking of the current die if Intel continues to go by their "tick-tock" standard.
Is that the ship from Mass Effect? - ZanySniper on the USS Enterprise

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 years ago#10
15% or so per clock is hardly minimal, but if you're expecting another Sandy Bridge style jump you probably won't see one.
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it true that intel are not going to release the next set of CPU's till 2015?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived