This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to reapply thermal paste in a sager laptop!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have to reapply thermal paste in a sager laptop!

User Info: Voelger

Voelger
4 years ago#1
My temps hit 90 while gaming and so I am going to reapply thermal paste- the laptop is a year old- it's the one in my sig.

Which paste should I buy? Is it hard to do?
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
4 years ago#2
The paste you get doesn't really matter. They are all within a few degrees of each other. I would open your computer and clean it though first. My Alienware is more than a year old and my temps are still very low if I keep up my cleaning regime.
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
http://i.imgur.com/j8vZrBQ.jpg

Voelger
4 years ago#3
Yeah- but 90 degrees after an hour of bioshock or arma 3 worries me- I figured I'd do both
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10

Voelger
4 years ago#4
I've never opened it up- I'm nervous
PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: dmccappin

dmccappin
4 years ago#5
I've done it for a few Dell laptops that had been badly seated. Fairly easy just follow the heat pipe and remember where each screw goes.
Give it a clean with isopropanol Alcohol 99%, re-apply with thermal paste small blob in the centre and spread it evenly with a credit card or something similar.

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
4 years ago#6
Don't open it if the warranty still is valid
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: dmccappin

dmccappin
4 years ago#7
If you're worried about static you can get a box of latex gloves. They output very low ohms so no static electricity charges can pass through the gloves, that or use a wrist band protector.

But I've never had an issues with static.

User Info: housefishisback

housefishisback
4 years ago#8
Sagers are extremely easy to open. I'd look at cleaning vents before unmounting you GPU or CPU coolers.

Just my 2 cents
LOLing Michigan since Sept 1st, 2007
"I believe the best social program is a job" -Reagan

Voelger
4 years ago#9
Yeah, I should check about warranty- but I don't think that will be an issue. I bought it from mythlogic
PowerFAQs 1.10

User Info: Shub

Shub
4 years ago#10
Voelger posted...
Which paste should I buy? Is it hard to do?

Just get any of the big name brands that fit these two requirements:
- Not electrically conductive
- No or very minimal curing time required
Examples:
Noctua NT-H1
Arctic Cooling MX-2
Arctic Cooling MX-4
Shin-Etsu X23-7762
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have to reapply thermal paste in a sager laptop!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived