This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

x.x why do I torture myself with some games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. x.x why do I torture myself with some games

User Info: TheFeshPince

TheFeshPince
3 years ago#11
Mortal Kombat... I was young, but that game freaked me out with all of the decapitation and fatalities and whatnot.

Also, FEAR scared me pretty good because I was baked out of my mind in a pitch black basement by myself. Good times.
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 years ago#12
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
Unfortunately games do not scare me like they used to.

I remember playing resident evil at night on the PS1 in my parents attic. A couple of times I would be so scared I jumped to mash the power button. :D I was scared out of my mind, yet I still wanted to play it. I think this is how these games should be. Now though, I only see pixels and things are not remotely scary.

Yeah i hear that. I remember when I was 5 or 6 playing the original Doom for DOS and I would get scared. But after the years I wold get more and resilient to horror and now I am almost fully immune to. Nothing really scares me anymore especially from a game.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.

User Info: NfuzedXGamer

NfuzedXGamer
3 years ago#13
Did TC actually say hed have a BF if he didnt meet his current GF first? was i the only person to catch that?

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
3 years ago#14
CardigansFan posted...

You say that like gender is an indicator of anything...I'd probably have a bf if I didn't meet her first >.>

What the....

User Info: Maiken100

Maiken100
3 years ago#15
Nothing wrong with being scared actually, I used to be terrified but it depends how you think.
Also after playing the first Bioshock no video game scares me anymore, the atmosphere in that game....

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#16
NfuzedXGamer posted...
Did TC actually say hed have a BF if he didnt meet his current GF first? was i the only person to catch that?

AnatomyHorror posted...
What the....

You guys make it sound like its the first time you've seen a bi person, or like there's something wrong with it lol

Anyway, I think I'm finally going to man up and go through Anna Extended without any guide or whatever, and re-play for endings/achievements, moving on to Penumbra and Amnesia after that. Hopefully I won't wuss out with Penumbra again.
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * AKA Magus77

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
3 years ago#17
CardigansFan posted...
NfuzedXGamer posted...

AnatomyHorror posted...
What the....

You guys make it sound like its the first time you've seen a bi person, or like there's something wrong with it lol

Anyway, I think I'm finally going to man up and go through Anna Extended without any guide or whatever, and re-play for endings/achievements, moving on to Penumbra and Amnesia after that. Hopefully I won't wuss out with Penumbra again.

With a name like cardigansfan, I do not see how this surprises anyone. (kidding).
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#18
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
With a name like cardigansfan, I do not see how this surprises anyone. (kidding).

lol well when the only two notable songs I can tell people who dont know them by name are "Lovefool" and "that one song in the US Gran Turismo 2 intro," I'd probably think the same at least a little bit from the first song =P
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * AKA Magus77

User Info: SirisS-G-P

SirisS-G-P
3 years ago#19
Cryostasis and the Penumbra games are Great. In my opinion they are great PC exclusive games. I played them all from start to finished and loved them. I do enjoy a scare tho so maybe that's why I like them.

2 more hours until OutLast.

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 years ago#20
I wish I was more afraid of "scary" games. Most are just startling though, which is dumb. I don't startle.

There has only been one game in my 30+ years of gaming that I was too uncomfortable to play alone...Fatal Frame.
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. x.x why do I torture myself with some games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived