This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a good cheap power supply tester.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a good cheap power supply tester.

User Info: triple s

triple s
4 years ago#1
http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-24-pin-Power-Supply-Tester/dp/B005CTCD6S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

^^^Just curious if this will do the trick. I've been having problems with my games stuttering after about 5 minutes of play and think my PSU is the problem after trouble shooting.

GPU-Not the problem. I switched my GTX 680 with my kids GTX 460 and have the exact same problem.

RAM-Same, switched with my kids RAM and have the exact problem.

HDD-Switched games to different HDD and have the same problem

CPU-Not 100% on this, but know my temps have been staying real low when testing.

PCI-E-Switched slots, same problem.

So pretty much all signs would point to the PSU right? I also noticed that youtube videos have the same slowdown as well.
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: Shub

Shub
4 years ago#2
The problem with consumer-level power supply testers is that they don't let you specify a load, so even if your PSU is the source of your problem, if the problem does not occur at a low load, the tester will just tell you you're A-OK and you'll still be at square one. There's not much you can do about that with cheap equipment, unfortunately.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: triple s

triple s
4 years ago#3
So I'm guessing that stands for any power supply under the $50 range?
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: Shub

Shub
4 years ago#4
Yes, add a couple of zeros to that figure and then we're talking.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a good cheap power supply tester.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived