The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So all the parts to build my new PC came today... except one

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So all the parts to build my new PC came today... except one

User Info: dakondakblade

dakondakblade
3 years ago#11
PathlessBullet posted...
dakondakblade posted...
You're fine though.

This gives you a great opportunity to build your pc ( sans the case ) to ensure all parts are working.

Once you know for sure that all your parts work as they should; you will have less worries to deal with when putting it in the case.

Not to mention that you can just take out the vid card/drives and put the board in your case when it arrives; thereby meaning you lost little time.

I'm kinda nervous about just leaving all the components laying around though.

Fair enough.

I would still test out the parts though; then keep the drives in the antistatic bags they came in; and the GPU in the bag and box.

Regardless; Hope it works out for you sir.
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#12
mine was the opposite. I waited over a week to make sure my new mobo worked. My friend called me out on my pc. Said I spent too much money to not use it. After that, I kept if off for a week.
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice" Gamer Tag XT356 my pc:pcpartpicker.com/p/1wSB1

User Info: PathlessBullet

PathlessBullet
3 years ago#13
dakondakblade posted...
Regardless; Hope it works out for you sir.

I as well.

Thank you kind sir.
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#14
I love Amazon Prime for big heavy items like that (and for a dozen other reasons). I seldom order anything from Newegg anymore.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
3 years ago#15
Shub posted...
I love Amazon Prime for big heavy items like that (and for a dozen other reasons). I seldom order anything from Newegg anymore.

I'd prefer Amazon over Newegg but the tax kills Amazon a lot of the time. Stupid state laws.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

User Info: Auron_59261

Auron_59261
3 years ago#16
Reference 7970's..are you adding a custom loop in at some time?
i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz [] HIS IceQ X^2 7970 |1200|1600|3GB| [] 16GB Ripjaws Z 1866 [] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [] 250GB Samsung 840 [] 2TB Barracuda [] CX 600 PSU [] H80i

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 years ago#17
would have been worse if it was the PSU that didn't come
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."

User Info: superstud69x

superstud69x
3 years ago#18
You think that's bad? When I built my PC, everything showed up around the same time except for the OS for some reason. So I got everything built and running, and the only thing I could do with it for 4 days was stare at the BIOS.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

User Info: PathlessBullet

PathlessBullet
3 years ago#19
Case came today. Just finished getting everything together. Almost finished, but I still have to figure out how to hook up the front and side fans. :P
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
3 years ago#20
PathlessBullet posted...
Case came today. Just finished getting everything together. Almost finished, but I still have to figure out how to hook up the front and side fans. :P

There might be a molex adapter connected to your front fans. Plug that into your power supply.
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So all the parts to build my new PC came today... except one

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived