This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to bump the screen res higher than what the OS allows?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to bump the screen res higher than what the OS allows?

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
3 years ago#1
I recently reformatted my laptop and reinstalled almost everything and transferring some stuffs. Because I use certain views in certain folders, when I access certain folders, something bugged me as the view look different.

I kept wondering about it while reinstalling things before I realised: before I formatted, my screen res was likely 1920x1280, but now the max 7 will allow me to go to is 1920x1080. I have a folder in List view that will allow me to view everything in it, but now I have to scroll it to see everything while still in List view

Is this due to outdated drivers on my graphic card(ATi HD4670) or can I somehow make it so that I can get my res back to what I'm used to?
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#2
What is the model number of your laptop?
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

Chaos_Missile
3 years ago#3
WerdnAndreW posted...
What is the model number of your laptop?

Dell Studio XPS1640?
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#4
Yeah, I'm curious what the model number of the laptop is.
Frankly I've never heard of a 1920x1280 screen, it's either 1920x1080 or 1920x1200, and laptops with a 1920x1200 screen are very rare.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#5
The 1640 looks like it has a 1920x1080 screen.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Chaos_Missile
3 years ago#6
Shub posted...
Yeah, I'm curious what the model number of the laptop is.
Frankly I've never heard of a 1920x1280 screen, it's either 1920x1080 or 1920x1200, and laptops with a 1920x1200 screen are very rare.

I might be mistaken, but I do believe my previous resolution was at least larger than 1920x1080. There has to be a reason why my file thumbnails seems larger than before.

It makes for viewing certain pages,both online and on my laptop, a bit different.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#7
Check your DPI settings?
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
3 years ago#8
Your screen would be noticeably more fuzzy and have parts of it cut off if you were losing 200 pixels of your height. Having to scroll through a list or having large thumbnails are your Windows settings and not your resolution.
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.

User Info: Guybrush_Three

Guybrush_Three
3 years ago#9
Chaos_Missile posted...

I might be mistaken, but I do believe my previous resolution was at least larger than 1920x1080. There has to be a reason why my file thumbnails seems larger than before.

Right click desktop -> View -> Icon size -> Small/Medium/Large
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8079/8291319420_65d582c14d_z.jpg

User Info: WyzeGye

WyzeGye
3 years ago#10
hold control and scroll your mousewheel, or run your finger along the side of the trackpad while exploring.
http://i.imgur.com/2dhh8tn.gif | http://i.imgur.com/p5EXSiq.jpg
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/2/7/201227_v1.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to bump the screen res higher than what the OS allows?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived