This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia Shield Vs. Oculus Rift

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia Shield Vs. Oculus Rift

User Info: Binba442

Binba442
3 years ago#1
Rift. Vs Shield? - Results (149 votes)
Occulus Rift
83.22% (124 votes)
Nvidia Shield
16.78% (25 votes)
This poll is now closed.
These two titans are about the same price, The occulus Dev kit is 300$, As is the shield. (190)

(In this scenario, the occulus is in a Finished state, bugs are mostly flattened, dev support is middling, but most games get modded in)
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013

Binba442
3 years ago#2
I think the Shield is going to be hammered, but I'd probably use it more, I want the power of my PC, but in my Living Room, but that's a small, small niche.
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013

User Info: Lemur_H

Lemur_H
3 years ago#3
How can you compare them...

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
3 years ago#4
Both please
FC= 3265-4867-8550

Binba442
3 years ago#5
Lemur_H posted...
How can you compare them...

One's a useful device bringing portability to something weighing a dog.

One's a 'gimmick' that can be used for half an hour before feeling sick.

EDIT: Gimmick is in quote marks, don't take it seriously.

User Info: SamusFarron

SamusFarron
3 years ago#6
I love the Oculus Rift, but seeing as I already have a Sony HMZ-T1 it isn't as desirable a proposition as it could be. The Rift has some nice features, especially for use with gaming, but I can't justify owning another head mounted display. The display/optics are (I believe) nicer on the Sony, but it doesn't wrap around you as fully as the Rift.

Plus, the HMZ-T1 was stupidly expensive. Glad I have it, but man....something similar for $500 less is a good deal.
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif
Asuka>>>>>>>Rei

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
3 years ago#7
Two completely different products, not to mention one is in development stages, and the other is available at retail.

I would not recommend this thread to friends and family.
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU

User Info: Cesare_Borgia

Cesare_Borgia
3 years ago#8
Binba442 posted...
I want the power of my PC, but in my Living Room

This, except bedroom (and occasionally bathroom) instead of living room

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
3 years ago#9
Rift, easily. I quit portable gaming long ago. Sometime during college I realized I just can't deal with the tiny screens anymore. I'll emulate if I'm interested in the actual games but I just plain can't use the native hardware.
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D

User Info: Jocko

Jocko
3 years ago#10
Hmmm let me think . . . play half ass games on a tiny screen or kick ass games with full immersion . . .
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia Shield Vs. Oculus Rift

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived