This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone have an opinion on this build......

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. anyone have an opinion on this build......

User Info: Road_Kill_666

Road_Kill_666
4 years ago#1
its a build for Jan 2014.
Used for first time pc gamer and i also video editing

Case - NZXT H630 -$150
CPU - i7 4770K -$340
MOBO- AsRock Z87 OC -$295
RAM - Corsaire Vengeance 8GB(2x8GB) 1600 -$75
GPU - GTX Titan Ultra, GTX 790, or GTX 880(will add SLI in the summer time) -$1000
OSHD - 240GB Asus Rog Raidr SSD-$350
Storage - Seagate Barracuda 3TB hard drives (3) -$405
Storage - Seagate 4TB hard drive -$180
CPU Cooler - Corsaire H100i -$100
Not sure about power supply yet.

Things I'm not sure about:
1) Maxwell GPU's can access system ram, does that mean i should go from 8GB to 16GB incase?
2) i have five 2TB drives that are 6 years old. Never had a problem with them but afraid they might crap out soon.Does anyone trust 6 year old hard drives or would you replace just to be safe?
3) Is 1600Mhz ram still the okay average or should i aim higher like 2133?

User Info: Shub

Shub
4 years ago#2
Depending how serious you are about video editing, you may want to consider an i7-4930K. It's not quite as good as Haswell for gaming, but when you have an app that can make full use of the 4930K's six cores, Haswell doesn't stand a chance.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: gsf4lyfe

gsf4lyfe
4 years ago#3
There's not too much of a point of configuring it now, we don't know what prices will look like on everything then.
FX-6300 @ 4.3ghz | GTX 760 | 970 extreme3 | 8GB DDR3 1600
SteamID: gsf4lyfe

Road_Kill_666
4 years ago#4
Shub posted...
Depending how serious you are about video editing, you may want to consider an i7-4930K. It's not quite as good as Haswell for gaming, but when you have an app that can make full use of the 4930K's six cores, Haswell doesn't stand a chance.

Not sure whats serious or not. I make movie tribues as a side hobby. Not sure if 4770K is enough for that or if 4930K is worth the extra funds. I know 4770K is leaps over what i have now.
I video edit with Cyberlink power Director 8 and my old intel Q9400 cpu struggles hard with it.
I want to get Sony Vegas Pro but its like $600.00. Not even sure if these would use a 4930K, will they?

Road_Kill_666
4 years ago#5
gsf4lyfe posted...
There's not too much of a point of configuring it now, we don't know what prices will look like on everything then.

I know prices will change but just trying to get a base line on the build. the only thing really uncertain is the GPU. Prices will go down on everything but i doubt there will be a better version of any of the other parts aside from maybe a new MOBO.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. anyone have an opinion on this build......

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived