This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can upgrade from windows 7 to 8 complete free? Is it worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I can upgrade from windows 7 to 8 complete free? Is it worth it?

User Info: Super_Jedi7

Super_Jedi7
4 years ago#1
Is there any particular advantage for me to do so? I am trying to research online and would any appreciate feedback. Thank you.

User Info: Freakwave003

Freakwave003
4 years ago#2
no
i7 3770K @ 4.4 GHz | GA-Z77-D3H | Corsair H100i | 16GB HyperX Beast | ASUS GTX 770 | Intel 520 SSD | Seasonic 660x Platinum | Corsair 500r

User Info: Yuniuninuniun

Yuniuninuniun
4 years ago#3
For me windows 8 took less precious HDD space and seems to run a little faster. I also like the way windows look, better dual monitor support, and 8 is a cooler number
Playing: RaiderZ, Persona 3, La Mulana, Saint's Row IV, Dota 2

User Info: MaKhaos

MaKhaos
4 years ago#4
If you already have 7, I would say it is not worth the hassle. I have 7 on my desktop and I recently bought a laptop with 8. I wouldn't upgrade my desktop to 8 or downgrade my laptop from 8 to 7. There's no point, they both do the same thing. Just stick with what you have.
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]

User Info: LB3

LB3
4 years ago#5
MaKhaos posted...
If you already have 7, I would say it is not worth the hassle. I have 7 on my desktop and I recently bought a laptop with 8. I wouldn't upgrade my desktop to 8 or downgrade my laptop from 8 to 7. There's no point, they both do the same thing. Just stick with what you have.
PSN: Bwleon7 Steam: bwleon79
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. -Albert Einstein

User Info: Reaper_Minion

Reaper_Minion
4 years ago#6
Well, you can upgrade to 8 without losing anything. All your files and applications will remain intact.

I personally prefer Windows 8, but I'm in the minority.
/|\ http://i.imgur.com/hK9c1lo.jpg?1
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I can upgrade from windows 7 to 8 complete free? Is it worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived