This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good laptops for $300-400?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good laptops for $300-400?

User Info: Diayamondo

Diayamondo
4 years ago#1
Would like to get some help in finding one.

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
4 years ago#2
Depends on what you want to do with the laptop.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: XNo_FearX

XNo_FearX
4 years ago#3
theres really no good laptops at that price range unless you just want to browse the web
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
FC: 1392 - 4747 - 3214

User Info: PathlessBullet

PathlessBullet
4 years ago#4
I'd suggest an IPad.
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."

User Info: kelemvor

kelemvor
4 years ago#5
I just got my friend a decent Acer laptop with a 2.1 Ghz AMD dual core and a dedicated video card for around 450.

400 to 500 is a much better budget goal to be honest. At that price range you start to find some laptops that are capable of some light gaming. My 300 dollar laptop *barely* runs Minecraft, (HD3000 integrated video) and if I'm outside in the forest or in a town it slows down like 15-20 fps. Underground it runs closer to 60fps though.

If you must insist on the 300-400 dollar budget, I guess this is your best bet.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131512

The AMD graphics card isn't much better than the Ivy Bridge integrated video (HD4000) but at least it has HDMI out, which a lot of budget laptops skimp on. Also the Samsung touchpad and overall build quality seems decent for the price.
Kelemvor Lyonsbane

User Info: Diayamondo

Diayamondo
4 years ago#6
I just want everyday computing and playing the Sims 3, but thanks for the suggestion/link!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good laptops for $300-400?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived