The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gentlemen, I need your opinion on my system

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gentlemen, I need your opinion on my system

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
3 years ago#11
That is still a perfectly viable system, and that CPU still has a lot of mileage left. At this point, I would be thinking about a GPU upgrade, but only if you plan on playing demanding games like Watchdogs and BF4.

I would be looking at something like a GTX 760 or HD 7950. Those would give you a pretty substantial upgrade. Your CPU is still good enough to not be a bottleneck. Your GPU seems to be the thing holding your current system back most.
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
3 years ago#12
RAM: 4GB , 2x of them
Gfx card: AMD Radeon 6850
CPU: Intel I5-2500 @ 3.3Ghz
Motherboard: P67-DS3-B3

I used to play games on my 19inch monitor on 720P; i can play virtually any games on High and still have a pretty good FPS (around 60)

Remarkably similar to my set-up.....

W7 64 bit HP
2 x 4GB
GTX 460 (the 6850's old rival!)
i5-2500
H61 motherboard
23.6 inch 1080p monitor

The 60 fps on medium is spot on for Battlefield 3.

I'm sticking with what I have for now, though. Might upgrade the graphics card some time next year, when more games have been ported from the new consoles, and I know better what is required.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gentlemen, I need your opinion on my system

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived