This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Forwarding Spam E-Mail = Waste of Time?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Forwarding Spam E-Mail = Waste of Time?

User Info: l_Xanato_l

l_Xanato_l
3 years ago#1
Months ago, I had made the mistake of posting my resume on CareerBuilder or Monster to apply for a job, thinking that I would be safe if I kept my resume "private." Since then, I've been getting third-party spam e-mails just about every other day. Tired of Gmail's worthless spam filter, which merely sends spam to another folder instead of blocking it, I did some research and learned that one could send spam to spam@uce.gov, a federal department which would "supposedly" take action against the perpetrators. Well, I've been consistently doing this for months and it doesn't really seem like it's making much of a difference. It seems like I'm getting spam from the same person/group, mostly because of the way the e-mails are formatted, the sender address, or the language they're in.

I know that you can't expect a busy organization to address things overnight, but as I've said, it's been months of me doing this. Is there anything else I can do to fight back against this crap?

User Info: Binba442

Binba442
3 years ago#2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_filtering

http://www.spamihilator.com/en

Spaninhilator is free, and from what I've researched, it looks pretty good. Do some research on google, you might find things.
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Forwarding Spam E-Mail = Waste of Time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived