This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best possible Cpu/Gpu/Mobo combo for around $300?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best possible Cpu/Gpu/Mobo combo for around $300?

User Info: JJH777

JJH777
3 years ago#1
My PC has been having some annoying issues lately and I want to just put together a quick budget build. If at all possible I want something more focused on being up-gradable rather than just the best possible performance for that price. Though it's not too big of a concern. I don't want to play anything too demanding probably the most demanding game I play is Borderlands 2 and I'm perfectly content on low setting as long as I get decent fps and it is a smooth experience.

Also I'm curious what I should focus on when looking at motherboards? Obviously it needs to be compatible with everything and fit comfortably in my case but is there anything else I should look for to know whether it's a particularly good one or not? I'm kind of tempted to just choose the lowest priced one that's compatible with everything and focus on getting the best possible CPU/GPU but I imagine that wouldn't be a good idea >_>
If you believe that Abed is the true Messiah and you are 100% proud of it make this your signature.

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#2
Doesn't matter, didn't even look at your post. $300 is not enough for any worthwhile combination of CPU, GPU, and mobo.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: JJH777

JJH777
3 years ago#3
MasterDonGero posted...
Doesn't matter, didn't even look at your post. $300 is not enough for any worthwhile combination of CPU, GPU, and mobo.

... Helpful. It will be fine for me. I have been pretty much satisfied for the past 6 years with my ati 4650 and intel core 2 duo @2.33ghz before the fan on the GPU broke and then now (separate issue) the CPU started having major overheating issues. It could play everything I wanted decently enough and rebuying those would be way cheaper than $300. $300 will be a very noticeable performance increase for me.

Anyways I've been looking and I'm thinking 7790 for the card it is only $115 on newegg and is definitely way way better than my 4650. For CPU I don't really know what will be decent in the $100-$150 range but it's looking like some of the i3s are pretty good for the price/power? For the mobo I still have no idea
If you believe that Abed is the true Messiah and you are 100% proud of it make this your signature.

User Info: Eli_Sama

Eli_Sama
3 years ago#4
I think this should be ok

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1C3LQ
Asrock 970 DE3/U3S3 \ M12 II Bz 520w / Ballistik 12Gb DDR3 / Ocz 64Gb SSD / HDD 500Gb / XFX HD 7950 3Gb BE Oc / FX 8150 / Hyper Evo 212 / Haf 932 Advanced

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#5
In all honesty get a solid mobo/CPU and use the integrated graphics till you can afford a decent card. The AMD APUs are very good these days and the Intel igps are fairly decent as well.
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.

User Info: superstud69x

superstud69x
3 years ago#6
Orestes417 posted...
In all honesty get a solid mobo/CPU and use the integrated graphics till you can afford a decent card. The AMD APUs are very good these days and the Intel igps are fairly decent as well.

this is a good idea. nab a i5-4670k and a $100-ish MoBo, and then put in a dedicated GPU later. The HD 4600 should be able to do BL2 on low/medium easily enough.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

User Info: redrum187

redrum187
3 years ago#7
tc you probably need some ram also since your old pc probably used DDR2.
i still haven't found what i'm looking for...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best possible Cpu/Gpu/Mobo combo for around $300?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived