This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cousin is offering to sell me his old Alienware M11xR3 (11 inch) for $400.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cousin is offering to sell me his old Alienware M11xR3 (11 inch) for $400.

User Info: LookANinja

LookANinja
3 years ago#11
So i should go for this right?
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/56/picturesig.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/b8HCz.gif

User Info: GameMan987

GameMan987
3 years ago#12
Depends on how badly you want a gaming laptop. Even if it's a good deal it's still $400 not going towards your desktop or something else.

User Info: Superlinkbros89

Superlinkbros89
3 years ago#13
Do it if you want a laptop that can play most but not all games.
Not changing this sig until a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel is announced. Started: 01/01/2013

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 years ago#14
Superlinkbros89 posted...
Do it if you want a laptop that can play most but not all games.

This - it's not the best gaming laptop, but it's a hell of a lot more gaming capable than any other laptop you're going to find for the price at Best Buy/Amazon/Staples etc.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Kosba_2142

Kosba_2142
3 years ago#15
A great deal =\= a good laptop. You should just save for a better one, even if its a bit less money efficient, it'll at least get the job done
CATS. That's about it honestly...

User Info: SnipeStar

SnipeStar
3 years ago#16
put the $400 towards something better
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01

User Info: HaxnStash

HaxnStash
3 years ago#17
When did he buy it? Has he been playing demanding games with it for a very long time? I had a gaming laptop that I used only for gaming. I treated it like a desktop and it stayed in one place. I had outside cooling that helped the temperatures go down a lot. But after 2 years, the GPU died on me. And now, I have a gaming laptop that collects dust.

User Info: LookANinja

LookANinja
3 years ago#18
HaxnStash posted...
When did he buy it? Has he been playing demanding games with it for a very long time? I had a gaming laptop that I used only for gaming. I treated it like a desktop and it stayed in one place. I had outside cooling that helped the temperatures go down a lot. But after 2 years, the GPU died on me. And now, I have a gaming laptop that collects dust.

I'm not sure about all this, i'll ask him later, my friend did tell me that Alienware has overheating issues. Is there anything i can do to remedy this besides keeping outside temperatures cool? I live in SoCal, so it might be kinda hard to do that...
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/56/picturesig.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/b8HCz.gif

User Info: chuchumyrocket

chuchumyrocket
3 years ago#19
LookANinja posted...
HaxnStash posted...

I'm not sure about all this, i'll ask him later, my friend did tell me that Alienware has overheating issues. Is there anything i can do to remedy this besides keeping outside temperatures cool? I live in SoCal, so it might be kinda hard to do that...

The m11x doesn't have overheating issues, I actually own one so I should know! I have the r2 model which isn't as nice but I can play most every game in 720p on low settings(which still looks better than consoles and runs at a much smoother framerate) so I would go for it. Its a great price for a laptop with its specs and size.
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
"Perhaps it is 30 fps, but it's the fastest 30 fps I've seen."

User Info: AllHailTheDead6

AllHailTheDead6
3 years ago#20
JKatarn posted...
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
for 400 you could do a lot worse

but just for the hell of it tell him you only got $350 and show him the cash and see what happens

Are you kidding? $400 right now would get you a low-end i5 laptop at best with Intel integrated graphics, and he'll be getting a gaming laptop with a halfway decent dedicated GPU for $400, sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me. Also, I don't think he would such a d*** as to cheat his cousin out of $50.

looool???

god I love how your able to label people on gamefaqs....At first I thought it was such a stupid feature but its quickly growing on me. Helps me keep track of the really smart ones
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cousin is offering to sell me his old Alienware M11xR3 (11 inch) for $400.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived