This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Silly silly question...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Silly silly question...

User Info: KoRnKoB

KoRnKoB
3 years ago#1
I had to remove a key on my laptops keyboard to clean underneath it. I am now unable to get the key back in. There are some little hooks underneath it, but I can't get it to click back in. Anyone got some advice? lol.
Currently playing: Battlefield 3, The Last of Us, Defiance, Dragons Dogma: DA. PSN: PrincePAUL87

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
3 years ago#2
Buy a new laptop?
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU

User Info: KoRnKoB

KoRnKoB
3 years ago#3
So no one here has ever cleaned out a laptops keyboard and encountered this before?
Currently playing: Battlefield 3, The Last of Us, Defiance, Dragons Dogma: DA. PSN: PrincePAUL87

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
3 years ago#4
take a picture and we will be able to tell you how to do it or you could just google it

User Info: MissHedgehog

MissHedgehog
3 years ago#5
I did that with my mom's laptop. Our cat walked over the keyboard, and pulled a key out in a weird way. I told my mom I'd fix it for her, and just took they key off. I thought it would be super easy to get it back in, but it appeared to be really annoying... I don't think I can offer any concrete advice other than be really patient. Maybe if you put up a picture of the bottom of the key in particular, and the spot on the keyboard?
3DS FC 5043-2061-7637

User Info: Binba442

Binba442
3 years ago#6
Fiddle around with it for a half hour, if you can't, go to a repair place, see if they can get it back in, if they can, give them a few $/, if they can't, ask for advice
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Silly silly question...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived