This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD vs. Nvidia

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD vs. Nvidia

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#11
I've had better experiences with nVidia in the past.
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64

User Info: creepjack

creepjack
3 years ago#12
While I dont have a problem with AMD at all, I prefer Nvidia. Just overall gives me a smoother gaming experience.

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
3 years ago#13
The last ATI/AMD graphics card I used was a 9600XT, which I gave away in 2005. I'm using a 460 atm. I know it's getting on a bit, but I want to make it last for a long while yet. When I eventually do decide to replace it, I'll certainly consider all the options, from both nVidia and AMD.

User Info: Smakkyoface

Smakkyoface
3 years ago#14
my first couple of builds had ATi video cards and drivers were a pain to get back then. So I started using Nvidia and just built brand loyalty since.
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz, 24GB DDR3 1600, Evga Gtx 670 FTW.

User Info: OmegaDL50

OmegaDL50
3 years ago#15
MasterDonGero posted...
Where's the third option that says I have no brand preference and price/performance really decides?
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.

User Info: urtv

urtv
3 years ago#16
amd because they cant compete with intel or nvidia financially so they bribe developers with money so that their games is more optimized

User Info: Megawizard

Megawizard
3 years ago#17
I'm using nVidia since every AMD card I get always gives me issues a month in.
^( ' ' )^

User Info: overkillwfo1978

overkillwfo1978
3 years ago#18
Nvidia as I want top of the line quality and cost is a secondary concern. Also, PhysX >>>>>>> TressFX as if that even needs to be pointed out.
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
3 years ago#19
MasterDonGero posted...
Where's the third option that says I have no brand preference and price/performance really decides?

Quite. I have both an AMD and an nVidia card in my system. Most of my gaming is done on the AMD card, but then it's an HD6870 and the nVidia card's a GTS 450. I picked it up for multi-boxing and hardware PhysX support
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.

User Info: xKynOx

xKynOx
3 years ago#20
Nvidia
I have had two gpu's die just after the finish of the warranty both were ati one cost me over $300,while my sister is still using my 8 year old 660gt
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD vs. Nvidia

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived