This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD vs. Nvidia

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD vs. Nvidia

User Info: AlexJ1991

AlexJ1991
4 years ago#41
Am I the only one thats had no problems with AMD?

Ive used both Nvidia and AMD in desktop computers and have had zero problems with them.

The only problems I can think of are with Nvidia. My Nvidia card in my laptop crashes every so often, tried many different drivers to no avail.

I upgraded my HTPC with an ATI 4650 to a GT 640 and I couldn't get the screen to 1080p without edges being cut off. The overscan options in Nvidia control panel were no help. I think AMDs CCC is much more robust than Nvidia control panel.
http://steamcard.com/do/original/ivjonesyvi.png

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
4 years ago#42
AMD = finished!
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
4 years ago#43
Nvidia cause the ONE problem I had with it (card died) got an RMA number in a few minutes, card got here in less than a week, no worries.
"Asgaard's always been my home! But I'm of different blood.
I will overthrow their throne! Deceiver of the Gods!."

User Info: East West

East West
4 years ago#44
AMD, i had a EVGA card break on me once and driver issues for some games, same for AMD right now too. price to performance AMD is better. budget system lasting 4 years and can still play the latest games. if i would build for performance then i would go back to Nvidia. right now prices isn't worth it.
see you space cowboy
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD vs. Nvidia

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived