This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Phone Modem and eMTA help.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Phone Modem and eMTA help.

User Info: VanUltima

VanUltima
3 years ago#1
So I bought a nice modem one of those DOCSIS 3 modems from Motorola but my family is adamant on keeping home phone. I was wondering if I could use a old eMTA left behind I'm the house by a previous owner and jury rig it into having the modem provide internet and the emta providing phone.

any other plan is appreciated.
CM HAF 912/FX-8320 @3.5 GHz/Asus M5A97 LE R2.0/HIS IceQ Turbo HD 7870 2GB/16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Ram/OCZ ModXstream 500W/120GB SSD 1TB HDD/H70 Cooler

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 years ago#2
Why do you want dial up?
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.

User Info: VanUltima

VanUltima
3 years ago#3
what?

I want faster internet, but Brighthouse has only two DOCSIS 3 approved EMTA's and i cant find either of them anywhere. besides i learned that if i remove home phone theres almost no difference in our cable bill thus giving them less reason to let me cut the home phone out of the plan.
CM HAF 912/FX-8320 @3.5 GHz/Asus M5A97 LE R2.0/HIS IceQ Turbo HD 7870 2GB/16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Ram/OCZ ModXstream 500W/120GB SSD 1TB HDD/H70 Cooler
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Phone Modem and eMTA help.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived