This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I bother getting a PS3 and/or 360?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I bother getting a PS3 and/or 360?

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#1
I picked up a few system/console-exclusive games for both systems at Gamestop (like 8 games for a total of $30) not too long ago, and now I'm wondering if I should bother with how many Steam games I still have yet to play, as well as the fact that it'll probably be months at this point before I end up getting one (got caught up in a little debt). Forget about any of the new consoles.

I mean, I'm looking at most of the exclusives I'd be interested in, and with the exception of games like Red Dead Redemption, I could probably beat them in a day and never go back to them.

And then I both love games like Forza, but hate how I'll never reasonably be able to 100% them because I didn't get the pre-order bonus, or participate in events in the past, or something stupid like that.

I also have a 3DS (mostly bought for my girlfriend) that I never touch, mostly because I'd rather be playing Steam games at home and because I don't have more than a few minutes of time to sit down and play when out of the house (meaning I resort to some decent Android games).

Thoughts?
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * Samsung NX1000 * AKA Magus77

User Info: Loshadt

Loshadt
3 years ago#2
Buying a PS3 wouldn't a be a bad choice. It's relatively cheap and there are a ton of japanese games available for it if that's your taste. Otherwise I would say neither is worth it.
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.

User Info: Zaltera

Zaltera
3 years ago#3
Find them in a pawn shop and talk their prices down.
Why is it that he can hit a 3rd baseman on a frozen rope from 300 feet away, but he can't hit a 12 foot tall catcher from 60 feet 6 inches away?
-Awesomeo_4000

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#4
Loshadt posted...
Buying a PS3 wouldn't a be a bad choice. It's relatively cheap and there are a ton of japanese games available for it if that's your taste. Otherwise I would say neither is worth it.

Yeah, I guess I'll really have to evaluate whether there's enough exclusives for me. As it stands, I could probably buy a PS3 at Gamestop, play the singleplayer campaigns for the exclusives I'm interested in, and return it before the 14-day or whatever return policy they have.

Zaltera posted...
Find them in a pawn shop and talk their prices down.

Most of the ones I've seen are in sketchy areas, and I used to have a 360 a while ago that went RRoD...I'm not willing to buy anything but new or refurbished with at least a year's warranty when it comes to consoles. Unless I'm just going to return it right away like mentioned above.
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * Samsung NX1000 * AKA Magus77

User Info: OldSorrow

OldSorrow
3 years ago#5
You should buy more games
Vin Diesel confirms = consoles are for casual players
consoles = wrekt

User Info: cosmic_assasin

cosmic_assasin
3 years ago#6
I actually have the the GTAV ps3 bundle on preorder. i havent had ps3 since my old fat crapped out on me about 5 years ago. so along with V and some exclusives i missed out on, i would say i feel pretty good about buying one so late
It was fear of myself that made me odd

User Info: Arya1

Arya1
3 years ago#7
If you like J-RPG, you may consider to get PS3.
Notable titles are Valkyria Chronicles, Ni No Kuni, and Tales Series.

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
3 years ago#8
Getting a Playstation is always a wise investment for the exclusives alone. There's a lot of titles that come out for the PS that don't see the light of day on the PC. THe same can't necessarily be said about the xbox. There's only a very select couple of games on the xbox that aren't available on the PC. I use my PC for multiplats and my PS3 for exclusives and plan on doing the same with the PS4.

User Info: strongo9

strongo9
3 years ago#9
I have a Wii, Wii U, and PC. I recently decided that the PS3 is at a low enough price and has enough exclusives to warrant getting.

I've bought over 15 games that I would only be able to play on the PS3 (or just the 360 and PS3) so far and plan to get another 10 or so.
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
3 years ago#10
PS3 is good for its exclusives, and it's not too bad as a blu ray player. Wii (and Wii u I guess) are good for legally playing a lot of older games. 360 has very little to offer a PC gamer.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I bother getting a PS3 and/or 360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived