This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Highest end GPU my CPU can go with without bottlenecking?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Highest end GPU my CPU can go with without bottlenecking?

User Info: KabtheMentat

KabtheMentat
4 years ago#21
Yeah, from what I understand the Back to Karkand maps are more graphically demanding than the originals and most of the other expansion maps.
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson

User Info: g7g7g7g7

g7g7g7g7
4 years ago#22
With a phenom you will be sitting at 40 fps no matter what graphics card you have with A LOT of games.

If you want a smooth 60fps in everything you play then get a better CPU.
You never see people quoting each other in sigs anymore. - Adam Laz

User Info: KabtheMentat

KabtheMentat
4 years ago#23
Yeah, I know a Phenom isn't the best CPU, but I got several parts for free from a friend and the only thing I'm still using from that is the motherboard. Unfortunately it's was a AM3, not a AM3+ board. The 965 was like the best CPU I could get for the system at the time. It's pretty decent, and I'd highly recommend it for a budget PC build, but it's getting old now.
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson

User Info: 50inchDLP

50inchDLP
4 years ago#24
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I was in a similar position. I have the i5-760 which is a CPU from that same generation and with very comparable performance. I think the i5-760 is a little better but not by much.

I decided that I thought the GTX 760 is probably as high as I want to go GPU-wise, because for anything beyond that, I feel my build would be too imbalanced and it would be waste. The GTX 770 is the absolute most that I think I would be able to get away with without running into that wall. For the Phenom II X4 965, I think it would be similar. (the AMD equivalent in terms of performance to the GTX 760 is something like the HD 7950).

You i5 760 is much better than a phenom 2 965.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Highest end GPU my CPU can go with without bottlenecking?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived