This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best/Favorite old school DnD style RPG game? (Just finished Planescape Torment)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best/Favorite old school DnD style RPG game? (Just finished Planescape Torment)

User Info: TheBlueDeath

TheBlueDeath
3 years ago#1
Debating on what to do next...

Icedale? Baulders Gate? Temple of Evil?

Really don't know but I know I'm only going to choose one.

Give a reason please with your answer if you would.
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

User Info: dakondakblade

dakondakblade
3 years ago#2
Never Winter Nights Diamond

Great game, very good story and you can mod it and make your own modules to play even more content.
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
3 years ago#3
Baldur's great!
I am not economically viable.

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#4
BG
KOTOR
NWN
IWD
Fallout
Arcanum
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116

User Info: Kaushad

Kaushad
3 years ago#5
NWN2 isn't exactly old, but it is one of the best
I stopped watching comedy on TV when I found the jimquisition and zero punctuation.

User Info: Featherwind

Featherwind
3 years ago#6
The NWN games are the best but the mods don't necessarily have a DnD feel.

BG:SoA is great too.

Arcanum, Temple of Elemental Evil, Fallout and Fallout 2 are decent.

Icewind Dales were meh imo.

User Info: Darkshowers

Darkshowers
3 years ago#7
I would go with Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 next as they are reputed to be the best DnD rpgs of all time with an excellent balance of character development, plot and battles.

NWN 1 and 2 single player campaigns are ok and the game really shines only if you find the right mods.

User Info: TheBlueDeath

TheBlueDeath
3 years ago#8
Baldur's Gate recommended over Neverwinter nights?

Basically between those two?
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

User Info: matu90rk

matu90rk
3 years ago#9
BG2 (with ToB expansion) and then NWN Diamond. Icewind Dale games are cool too, and also Temple of Elemental Evil.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#10
I liked the Baldur's Gate games much better than the Icewind Dale ones. Icewind Dale just felt meh...

I actually enjoyed Neverwinter Nights a lot, but the story really didn't interest me.

Temple of Elemental Evil was a bit different from these others as I recall, but I remember I enjoyed it too.

I'd say my personal pick for next game would either be Baldur's Gate or NWN Diamond.

If you're OK getting away from D&D stuff tho, I'd definitely go with the Fallout series. I loved the original Fallout games.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best/Favorite old school DnD style RPG game? (Just finished Planescape Torment)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived